Fradley is full

Rob-M

Featured Posts

50 minutes ago, haggis said:

We need to encourage the hedge to grow over the sign again :-) 

Haggis -moored on a pontoon at Trent lock before going up the Erewash tomorrow 

Enjoy the lugoilwash, I had a fab mooring there at Mills Dockyard.

15 hours ago, NB Lola said:

I was told it was because they were putting a lock on the swing bridge so boats needed a stopping point in the T and M side.  I like that spot too but the hotel boat was there often.

Thankfully they have now abandoned the plan to put a lock on it.

Even busier today, when we arrived this evening the £5 a night moorings were full, Callisto was on the swing bridge mooring and there were four boats on the chains on the water point side below junction lock. Fortunately there was a 50ft gap between two moored boats so with a bit of retying we slotted in.

9 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Even busier today, when we arrived this evening the £5 a night moorings were full, Callisto was on the swing bridge mooring and there were four boats on the chains on the water point side below junction lock. Fortunately there was a 50ft gap between two moored boats so with a bit of retying we slotted in.

You'd better shuffle up as I've got a 65 footer coming tommorow. 

Just now, matty40s said:

You'd better shuffle up as I've got a 65 footer coming tommorow. 

We will be off towards Willington in the morning so with our 57 and a few of the other 6ft spaces closed up you should be ok

5 minutes ago, ianali said:

Can one of you save me a space please il be there next day or so! Thanks, Ian.

Plenty of space at the moment as boats have been leaving since about 7am. I wish some people would realise you don't need to use maximum revs in forward and reverse as there has been quite a bit of engine thrashing going on.

3 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Plenty of space at the moment as boats have been leaving since about 7am. I wish some people would realise you don't need to use maximum revs in forward and reverse as there has been quite a bit of engine thrashing going on.

push front end out then stern as you step on board close eyes count to 20 and wow you are in the middle so engage forward until the prop bites and away.Nice and quiet no disruption to the still sleeping boaters

• Greenie 2

1 minute ago, b0atman said:

push front end out then stern as you step on board close eyes count to 20 and wow you are in the middle so engage forward until the prop bites and away.Nice and quiet no disruption to the still sleeping boaters

Push front end out then stern, close eyes count to 20,realise you forgot to step on board start swimming :)

13 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Thats just the echoes from the old boats bash at Alvecote 

4 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Thats just the echoes from the old boats bash at Alvecote 

Oh don't! We stopped of there yesterday for a drink. Had to leave fairly quickly as the noise and fumes were giving us headaches. Commentator was quite amusing though.  

1 minute ago, matty40s said:

I have heard about the commentator already this morning coming down Atherstone.

I believe it may be our very own ChrisB (formerly known asBaldock)

I met him recently. Definitely a complete nutter. But in a nice way!

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 09:26, b0atman said:

Ahh, raise tea to lips, feel smug, and then the sudden targeted 30mph gust whistles in from the urbun jungle, just on the bow and your magic morning meander has you bouncing off the sticky outy widebeam and its back to the teaching pool ;-)