Fradley is full

Rob-M

Featured Posts

We managed to moor at fradley just before the rain started a wee while ago 

It's been a long day with the drive down etc so a pub meal and an early night are called for. 

Haggis 

Edited by haggis

3 hours ago, haggis said:

We managed to moor at fradley just before the rain started a wee while ago 

It's been a long day with the drive down etc so a pub meal and an early night are called for. 

Haggis 

But you were moored on the swing bridge mooring.

4 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

Naughty naughty!

MP.

Yes, we noticed after we moored that there was a new sign. Never seen it before when we and others have moored there 

We reckoned that anyone needing to pick up or let down folk for the bridge would do so in the narrows so didn't think we were impeding anyone 

Law abiding are we :-) 

Haggis 

24 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Came through in December and there was a single boat on the entire visitor moorings. Came through again in late March and there were 3.

Thats because you go boating in the boating season when its sensible late October to march.

2 hours ago, haggis said:

Yes, we noticed after we moored that there was a new sign. Never seen it before when we and others have moored there 

We reckoned that anyone needing to pick up or let down folk for the bridge would do so in the narrows so didn't think we were impeding anyone 

Law abiding are we :-) 

Haggis 

I used to like that mooring and never understood why a space is needed for the swing bridge given the length of the narrow section that side. I did wonder whether it was to stop the hotel boat mooring there as it seemed to be regularly moored there.

The sign went up quite some time ago, may have even been the back end of last year.

38 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Is that the (ex) mooring the junction side of the swingbridge?

Yes. On chatting to a lady at a lock she wondered if the householder was instrumental in getting the sign put up as he had complained about them.  I got the impression they might have been there for a while although she didn't say. The T &M has been busy today with lots of boats going in both directions. Moored in Willington tonight (checked carefully for signs:-))  and will eat out tonight to celebrate 30 years of married bliss :-) 

Haggis 

Edited by haggis

1 hour ago, haggis said:

Yes. On chatting to a lady at a lock she wondered if the householder was instrumental in getting the sign put up as he had complained about them.  I got the impression they might have been there for a while although she didn't say. The T &M has been busy today with lots of boats going in both directions. Moored in Willington tonight (checked carefully for signs:-))  and will eat out tonight to celebrate 30 years of married bliss :-) 

Haggis 

Oh Congratulations! But it's so old fashioned to be married for more than 3 years!

19 hours ago, Rob-M said:

I used to like that mooring and never understood why a space is needed for the swing bridge given the length of the narrow section that side. I did wonder whether it was to stop the hotel boat mooring there as it seemed to be regularly moored there.

The sign went up quite some time ago, may have even been the back end of last year.

The sign has been there for a long time but only appeared last year after they extensively cut back the foliage that was hiding it. We had been unaware it was there and were gutted when  it was revealed because it was nearly always vacant and thus our secret mooring place (or we thought it was :)). I'd wondered what it was for as well, because who in their right mind is going to tie up before opening the swingbridge when there's that narrow bit to wait in.

Having said that, I suppose it is a useful additional lock landing for anyone coming off the Coventry Canal and turning right towards Alrewas.

16 hours ago, haggis said:

Haggis 

35 years for me next week, yep it will be 24 years to this one then if you add the 11 years to the first.................

10 hours ago, Grassman said:

The sign has been there for a long time but only appeared last year after they extensively cut back the foliage that was hiding it. We had been unaware it was there and were gutted when  it was revealed because it was nearly always vacant and thus our secret mooring place (or we thought it was :)). I'd wondered what it was for as well, because who in their right mind is going to tie up before opening the swingbridge when there's that narrow bit to wait in.

Having said that, I suppose it is a useful additional lock landing for anyone coming off the Coventry Canal and turning right towards Alrewas.

I always considered it the crumple zone of boats coming down and trying to turn into the Coventry