Can not reply to topics

haza

Featured Posts

Hi I'm am not very good with computers tablets or other techno stuff ,but could you maybe explain why is it I can not reply to topics on canal world  even the ones I have stared ,I am using a tablet at the moment ,I can start a new topic but when someone reply ,I can not reply to them ,,I do think it's maybe something my end ,,regards 

Hi haggis thanks for reply ,as you can see I can reply to this thread ,I am not very good with techno stuff ,crap to be honest ,,I started a thread abt rolls battery's , but for some reason I can not reply   Thanks 

Maybe I have not explained my self to good on this ,and not every one is techno geek  ,it's not a problem really ,just wondered why this is happening ,it was just that I wanted to reply to the rolls battery's thread ,and I was going to that here ,,but I thought better of it ,,don't want the p,c brigade after me lol 

Please kindly take a screenshot and attach it to this topic or email it to me at richard@canalworld.net. Without being able to see and with the information provided thus far, it's a little difficult to diagnose though I suspect it will be something simple.

6 minutes ago, haza said:

Hi rich thanks   Like I said I'm not very techno minded ,and I would not now who to do a screenshot ,,but thanks its not a problem but thanks 

On my phone to get a screenshot hold power button and volume down button at same time. Maybe different on others 

17 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

On my phone to get a screenshot hold power button and volume down button at same time. Maybe different on others 

On my andriod/samsung phone its the main menu button and power button. On a windows 7/10 you can use the built in 'snipping tool' so get an image from an area of the screen, or press the button marked 'Print Screen' and then you can paste it into an email or an image program like ps paint.

Daniel

• 2 months later...

I had this problem using my Windows 8.1 tablet when using Internet Explorer.  There were other issues, too, when using IE 11 with Canal World. So I switched to Chrome and the problems disappeared.  The problem didn't appear on the home Windows 7 laptop also using IE 11, and I still find the latter better for some things on the tablet, e.g. my PlusNet Webmail.

On 11/8/2017 at 18:10, Mac of Cygnet said:

I had this problem using my Windows 8.1 tablet when using Internet Explorer.  There were other issues, too, when using IE 11 with Canal World. So I switched to Chrome and the problems disappeared.  The problem didn't appear on the home Windows 7 laptop also using IE 11, and I still find the latter better for some things on the tablet, e.g. my PlusNet Webmail.

That's interesting to note as the skin/design of Canal World is not optimised for IE, but is optimised/recommended for use with the following browsers:

- Chrome
- Safari
- Firefox
- Microsoft Edge 

The reason for this is because without going into technical detail, IE does not support as many web design technologies, or at least some of the ones Canal World makes use of. Initially this seemed odd to me but then when looking at the stats I noticed most of our users do not use IE. Of course, Canal World will still work in IE, just not quite as well.

Canal World browser usage stats for anyone who is interested:
browser.png