Muddlewhich

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, oats said:

Hi, anyone know if there are rubbish bins around middlewhich? cant see anything in the canal compaion, also looks like only one water point.????

I think there are at least three water points (Junction of Trent and Mersey and Wardle Canal, between Anderson Boats and main road bridge to the north, and the Big Lock.). I guess both Anderson Boats and Middlewich Boats would also provide water if asked.

1 minute ago, Derek Porteous said:

I think there are at least three water points (Junction of Trent and Mersey and Wardle Canal, between Anderson Boats and main road bridge to the north, and the Big Lock.). I guess both Anderson Boats and Middlewich Boats would also provide water if asked.

The one at the junction is a non standard thread, its smaller than normal. most people shove the hose on the spout of the other outlet, I have an adaptor that screws on. I can only think of the two points. The next are Wheelock south on T&M, Anderton North on T&M or Cholmonderston Lock on the Middlewich branch. thats off the top of my head.

9 hours ago, Derek Porteous said:

I think there are at least three water points (Junction of Trent and Mersey and Wardle Canal, between Anderson Boats and main road bridge to the north, and the Big Lock.). 

Correct, there are 3 water points in Middlewich, and not much else. No bins other than the council tip near Croxton aqueduct, nearest CRT bins are Wheelock, Barbridge, Anderton. No Elsan unless one of the yards can oblige, nearest CRT ones are Wheelock, Nantwich, Calverly, Anderton. 

It always astonishes us that there are NO elsan and rubbish facilities between Calverley and Anderton ! Water only at Middlewich,nothing on the Middlewich Branch (except the marinas) and last time we went that way the elsan at Anderton was out of action ! We were desperate by then and had to go to the boatyard opposite and pay to use the facilities. We don't mind paying because the marinas have to maintain things but think CART should invest in some more facilities around this area 

Tizzy

12 hours ago, tizzy said:

It always astonishes us that there are NO elsan and rubbish facilities between Calverley and Anderton ! Water only at Middlewich,nothing on the Middlewich Branch (except the marinas) and last time we went that way the elsan at Anderton was out of action ! We were desperate by then and had to go to the boatyard opposite and pay to use the facilities. We don't mind paying because the marinas have to maintain things but think CART should invest in some more facilities around this area 

When BW (as was) built or improved all the new service blocks some years back (Anderton, Nantwich, Calverly, Wheelock) it was rumoured that there would be something in Middlewich at the old town wharf site, where the "middle" water point is, which has been derelict for donkey's years. I don't know why it never happened.

8 minutes ago, AndrewIC said:

When BW (as was) built or improved all the new service blocks some years back (Anderton, Nantwich, Calverly, Wheelock) it was rumoured that there would be something in Middlewich at the old town wharf site, where the "middle" water point is, which has been derelict for donkey's years. I don't know why it never happened.

British Waterways had it up for sale for years I think it still has a British Waterways for sale board up or remains of one

12 minutes ago, Gareth E said:

If you've rubbish in plastic bags there are several stretegically placed small bins along the roads you could use, maybe a bag or two each time. I don't think it's a crime.

Yes, lots of small bins if you walk through the floats that ftont the canal,  Where the steps are, then across to Tesco Express.

Does anyone know why the water tap at Barbridge Junction was removed?

12 hours ago, Gareth E said:

If you've rubbish in plastic bags there are several stretegically placed small bins along the roads you could use, maybe a bag or two each time. I don't think it's a crime.

I think it may be classed as Fly Tipping by some councils