Recommendations of well respected boat fitters in the South East

Featured Posts

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone may be able to assist me, I would like some work completed on the inside of my 60ft Narrowboat (the read cabin and rear bedroom). 

Currently theres a second toilet, bunk beds and a bedroom occupying the rear half of my boat, I will be stripping this out and would like a boat fitter to build a new bedroom and cupboards, and a home office (desk mainly) and more cupboards, I have designs for what I would like. 

I would like any recommendations of well respected boat builders in the south east please (I'm currently moored in Victoria Park E3) I'm happy to travel to the Lea or Stort or out west towards Uxbridge, Rickmansworth or even up to Hemel Hempstead/Cow Roast. I'd also like some welding work done so if the fitters undertake this that would be a bonus! 

If you could let me me know of any reccomandentaions you may have it would be greatly appreciated! I love my boat and I'm happy to spend a reasonable amount of money for a high quality job. 

Many thanks! 

Im still in contact with the Reading Marine  carpenters  . Beautiful  joinery , not sure how far they would travel , but p.m me if you are interested..... Also we use their original  engineer ,  he welds aswell and is Corgi qualified . Have used  both over the last 13 years and will be again this winter.  I can forward you photos of our boat  and answer any questions you may have .Bunny . 

Hiya Bunny, many thanks for your message! Yes that would be great, I'll drop you a pm shortly. 

Hi Mrsmelly, I'm in no rush, I plan on stripping the rear cabin out and adding a standalone flat pack desk myself which will do for the time being. I'm happy to wait a little while like this until I can get a nice professional job done. Any suggestions as to who to contact to look into to booking up would be much appreciated!