Shoppie fishing competition

Featured Posts

27 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

Bring a boater an angler and cyclist to the same place at the same time and the old expression "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" leaps into action, until one of them departs.

Lock wheeling thro a fishing match on a bike with suspect brakes is a most amusing sport....apparently those pole things aren't cheap....hey ho! 

Edited by frangar

22 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

The reason many of them don't smile is they are never around in nice weather. We had only one here yesterday and havnt seen any for a few weeks. When it turns cold and is absolutely peeing it down they come along with their articulated lorry tailer load of stuff and sit here all day in the rain??? you couldn't make it up but we all know its true.

One thing I could never understand was that they trundle their ( artic" Fab expression") full of "Coka cola,food, etc. & yet leave the food wrappers,empty bottles, where they have been sat the "Artc" would be much lighter on the way back.

• Happy 1

On 22/08/2017 at 11:34, AllanC said:

The problem is always the same. Walkers and cyclists think they own the towpaths and the anglers are a hindrance. To the angler its the other way round. We should all learn to share the space.

Yes.

By not obstructing it with fishing poles, boxes, chairs etc and the wheelbarrows needed to move all that junk about.