Anywhere to moor here?

Tom766

Featured Posts

Afternoon all,

Next part of our voyage from Cropredy to Middle Level is from Gt Doddington to Ringstead.  Anyone moored there or know the area, there's Willy Watt Marina and Mill Tea room where we'd like to stop.

Question is, is there anywhere at this point where we can leave the boat riverside as opposed to in the marina?  Dont want to overshoot a good spot again, reversing isn't much of an option on my old Springer :lol:

Enjoy.......

2 minutes ago, Tom766 said:

Oh a lock braekage would scupper my pland of reaching the Middle level in 30 days (licence), can only travel weekends....

Well, there has been quite a few on the Nene this last month, at least four that I know of. We have a weeks license starting today, so will probably pass you at some point. 

If you are leaving the boat safest place is Blackthorn marina. The Nene is a navigable flood control system and as such the levels can rise and fall without warning apart from seeing it raining. There is a spot at Denford upstream of the bridge but you will be on pins so could be a problem if we have rain.

I moor one of our boats at WW and live in Ringstead.

Hi Julian,  would I moor on the fork that runs alongside Denford (looks like it ends in a weir) or the fork that carries on past....

Wondering how much the river would normally rise here, I can look out for weather warnings....

Trouble is that if I use marina's all week at each stop it adds up to a small fortune.....

Thanks,  Tom.

Mooring is here and if you are careful opposite. It doesn't look like you can stop but the bank is vertical so not bad

https://goo.gl/maps/gQWNhYXiQX52

Surrounding the Nene is a flood plain it does what it says and the water in winter is often on it. Can also do it summer as well.

don't forget to visit the pub in Denford but don't expect food........

Edited by Loddon