DIY facilities north west

Featured Posts

I can vouch for Middewich Drydock, not smart looking, but works well, nice people. Also known people who have used Wigan, I think you're limited to 110v or trying to avoid your generator going missing.

Also Dutton drydock at the south end of Preston Brook tunnel.

Daniel

Portland basin has a good covered drydock not expensive either. For longer dockings try Jalsea marine northwich, plenty of hardstanding and facilities.bit hard to find, you drive through a council estate to get to it, it's . On the weaver. 

I found the floating dry dock at Altham on the Leeds Liverpool was great for DIY, it's family run and the guys there are helpful also the price was the cheapest I could find in this area. It was also a novelty using a floating dock.

I can PM the contact details if you wish. Worth a call...

Thanks so much for all the fantastic suggestions,  I've checked some out and have realised that I needed to give details of more of our needs:  which do you recommend that has;  power,  lighting, cover, hard standing and a toilet! 

Thanks again for your help.

14 hours ago, AndrewIC said:

I gather Dutton dock is now run by Claymoore boats (at the other end of the tunnel).

Yes it is, if you google Dutton Drydock it has a dedicated site, which references Claymoore boats as the owner. Great to the facility taken over and being used.

Daniel

4 minutes ago, matty40s said:

You sit on a bog, powered or otherwise or two or three days.....  

Methinks you need a doctor, not a paint shed 

The bottom doctor visited last week, hit it with his hammer in several places he did.