Our new adventure day 22 the penultimate day!

Debs

Featured Posts

We woke up where we went to sleep (which is a result really) under a willow tree! I had expected the day to be grey and gloomy but, it was wonderful. The sky had a couple of clouds but nothing too dangerous! We set off fairly early as we had no internet connection so didn't get a chance to check emails etc. However, having checked email since then, I'm somewhat disappointed that I never received one from the national lottery! I really will have to go back to work next week! We managed to meet up with the couple that was moored in front of us, at the next lock. They travelled down to Maidenhead with us but moored up so they could get the train to London to see their son. 

We travelled on down through Bray where, apparently, Sir Michael Parkinson lives and the famous Bray studios are. They were famous for the Hammer House Of Horror films back in the day! As we approached Windsor, just before the bridge with the amazing art graffitied underneath it, we saw the Duckbus going into the water. That is such a surreal thing to see when you are actually on the water. I really does look like it should sink. We decided not to stop at Windsor, for a change, but travel on! A little wat past Windsor, opposite the castle grounds, we found a really nice mooring place in Datchet. We have never stopped there before but thought we'd have a look this time. As you approach the moorings, there are signs to say "danger shallow water!" However, we managed to moor up with no problems at all on the newly made mooring rings. From then, we wandered into the village where there are a couple of pubs and a convenience store. There was a couple who had just got married who were the smallest, most miserable people you could find. Actually, he was very happy but she looked like she'd just swallowed a wasp! Mmmm! Good luck for the future! 

The sun carried on shining and we carried on cruising through Runnymead and into Stains where we saw some girls in a floating hot tub. This is where we have decided to moor up for the night. We are on the very rickety staging outside the Swan hotel. We have had a very nice meal and met a bloke with the most amazing narrow boat! He had it custom made and is usually moored down in Little Venice. It is totally stunning! As I was saying in earlier posts about liveaboards, not all of them are shanty boats! This boat is absolutely immaculate! Anyone would be happy to live on his boat! 

So, this is our last night on the boat. Tomorrow, we will be making our way back to our moorings on the Wey Navigation. We will see have to see if anything untoward happens on the way!

IMG_2972.JPG

IMG_2985.JPG

IMG_3002.JPG

IMG_3005.JPG

Well done , have enjoyed your postings,but wow you have gone around so quick, we are still following your route, but 4x times slower.You have great personality that shines out in your posts, and you do the same as us enjoying the waterways, and the scenes and hostelries on the way and not taking things too seriously with a smile, I will look forward to your next jaunt postings, again well done for your diary and photos , most entertaining.

7 hours ago, Timx said:

Well done , have enjoyed your postings,but wow you have gone around so quick, we are still following your route, but 4x times slower.You have great personality that shines out in your posts, and you do the same as us enjoying the waterways, and the scenes and hostelries on the way and not taking things too seriously with a smile, I will look forward to your next jaunt postings, again well done for your diary and photos , most entertaining.

Thank you so much. I have enjoyed every minute of it. Believe me, if we could have taken longer to do it we would have. Unfortunately, work beckons! There will be one more post today for the last leg of the journey then I'll leave you all in peace for a while. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Xxx