New 3 mobile internet 100GB

Larentia

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

What? Even in Lower Heyford, the best known canal internet blackspot?!

Have they finally put a mast up or something perhaps?

We stopped at Lower Heyford to buy gas. I can't honestly remember if I checked the signal there. We overnighted at Upper Heyford and that was fine,  as was Thrupp, Banbury, Slat Mill lock, Bottom of Claydon flight, Fenny, somewhere on the top near Marston Doles, and the bottom of Napton.

MP.

ETA 4G seems to be usable even with a really weak signal strength - it's much better than 3G in that respect. These days I have the dongle set to always use 4G in preference to 3G as on the odd occasion when it's picked a stronger 3G signal, I've improved things by manually switching to the 4G one.

Edited by MoominPapa

8 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Deffo 02

So that's why you moored there :D

I'm interested with your experiences of O2, I have internet with 3 (via a dongle) and phone via O2 and the best description of the O2 reception I've got throughout the majority of the network is crap. I tell people never to ring me, try texting me (that will eventually get through, somewhere) and I'll see if I have enough signal to talk, otherwise we converse with texts. On the other hand,the only place I have moored when I couldn't get an internet signal on 3 was at the back of the industrial estates at Trowbridge, everywhere else I have always had a connection (only passed through through Upper Heyford didn't stop 'cos I couldn't find a mooring so I don't know what the signal is like there)

2 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

I'm interested with your experiences of O2, I have internet with 3 (via a dongle) and phone via O2 and the best description of the O2 reception I've got throughout the majority of the network is crap. I tell people never to ring me, try texting me (that will eventually get through, somewhere) and I'll see if I have enough signal to talk, otherwise we converse with texts. On the other hand,the only place I have moored when I couldn't get an internet signal on 3 was at the back of the industrial estates at Trowbridge, everywhere else I have always had a connection (only passed through through Upper Heyford didn't stop 'cos I couldn't find a mooring so I don't know what the signal is like there)

I had the 3 thingy for at least two years " The one plan " I think it was called and it worked almost every where and was brill on my mooring on the erewash. I moved here and it is completely useless with zero connection fone or tinternet wise whatsoever. The only one to work here most of the time is 02 and even then we often get days with zero reception or indeed giff gaff which I belive is 02 by another name. I was peed off that I had to dump the one plan but a billion terra bites of connections and unlimited everything else is useless even at a pound a year if there is no reception. The most expensive seems to be 02 but if that's the only one that works then needs must :mellow:

On 12/08/2017 at 10:38, mrsmelly said:

And here 3 is absolootely zero coverage within a mile or more and EE is crap wheras I am typing this here on 4g via 02 from my boat. ONLY 02 and giff gaff work here 99 percent of the time followed by EE some of the time. The boat moored directly behind me uses EE but it doesn't work on my boat, jeeees and yes you've guessed it with all things to do with " Progress " reception is gradualy getting worse here.

Yes I get 4g on EE on nothing on O2 immediately behind Mr Smelly, cannot get digital radio though.

1 hour ago, bastion said:

Yes I get 4g on EE on nothing on O2 immediately behind Mr Smelly, cannot get digital radio though.

I used to get great tv reception till some peelock moored behind me B) he is not there today though so its working again.

15 hours ago, bastion said:

Ah, being a newcomer here, I have been wondering if it is Mr Smelly or Mrs Melly? Now I have the answer.

One day I will make it down the south oxford. Just been avoiding it till the crowds go away.

On 14/08/2017 at 10:43, matty40s said:

Thankyou,just what I need to know. This can be run from a stabilised 12v feed.

Can see a call to 3 network later as it's a far better deal than I have at present.....speshly with the netflix add on.

Although I don't use it I think that the Go Binge thing is both super & fab.

Edited by Larentia

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 21:22, Dr Bob said:

Ah, being a newcomer here, I have been wondering if it is Mr Smelly or Mrs Melly? Now I have the answer.

One day I will make it down the south oxford. Just been avoiding it till the crowds go away.

Well done Doctor. Just remember to remain tied up for another 2/3 weeks then the cruising season will start and progressively get better for a few months before ending again at easter.