Kipor KDE6700T diesel generator not starting

lesrollins

Featured Posts

Hi

I have a kipor KDE6700T diesel generator which was running fine then it spluttered a few times it ran on for about another 40 minutes then stopped altogether. The oil is full and clean, I have changed the fuel and filter and bled the system. Whilst cranking over the genny the exhaust lets out puffs of white smoke but does not start. I have not taken the injector out to see if fuel is passing through okay I thought that the puffs of white smoke were a sign of fuel entering the pot. Would compression fail just like that without warning.

Edited by lesrollins

It depends on the size of the puffs. If the fuel is being injected properly its nearer clouds than puffs.

Compression failure - I would say usually no unless a valve or valves have jammed open. Based on those few lines I would suggest a timing failure for some reason is more likely.

I fear it may be compression check time.

If its an auto start - auto stop generator I would say an electrical fault would be more likely

Do you know if they do a rebuild manual for this genny. I've seen the maintenance one. I have taken the large outer casing off and checked the tappets and springs which seem okay. But the genny turns over easily by hand so I think it as lost its compression. Is it worth rebuilding if it as thrown a ring. But would like to find a manual to help me strip it down. Cheers