Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Due to a technical issue with notification settings, we have reset the notification system. As such, we encourage members to review their notification preferences which can be done by clicking here.

junior

A sad day.

Featured Posts

This will be damson gin at Christmas time. I thought that if the fallen tree was a bit of a  random picture then this one is equally so. The good thing about damson gin is you need a couple of clear wine bottles and that means drinking the contents first.....20170812_141233.jpg.f0a1a1aef085108f4cf181918af64abd.jpg

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, GoodGurl said:

i also used photobucket to host pictures for my blog, my blog is now useless without them :(  blogspot.co.uk

Yes, and a lot of people used it to post pictures on CWDF which have now all gone.

One of my interests is traditional boat decoration, and there were some excellent examples on the forum, I have posted a lot of work by Ron Hough over the years which could be accessed by members, it has all gone now. When I have more time I may start a thread to which people can add their "lost" photos.

I will also be deleting everthing I have in my Photobucket library and will be cancelling my membership.

• Angry 1

tree monkey    299
7 minutes ago, Peter-Bullfinch said:

This will be damson gin at Christmas time. I thought that if the fallen tree was a bit of a  random picture then this one is equally so. The good thing about damson gin is you need a couple of clear wine bottles and that means drinking the contents first.....20170812_141233.jpg.f0a1a1aef085108f4cf181918af64abd.jpg

Not random to me. ;)

I was just testing the photo upload in the forum and I have a lot of tree photos

ditchcrawler    379
2 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Did this work?

The topic promoted to try to upload a picture,  not tried on the new software

20170223_104126.jpg

Did you plan to drop it all in the road?  :giggles:

David Mack    334
2 hours ago, David Schweizer said:

Yes, and a lot of people used it to post pictures on CWDF which have now all gone.

I've heard of similar complaints across other forums and blogs too. And I've seen a few ebay listings with photos replaced by the photobucket notice as well. The whole thing has caught a lot of people by surprise.

tree monkey    299
6 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Did you plan to drop it all in the road?  :giggles:

:)

The first of a very long day of emergency call outs

matty40s    1,244

A 7mb picture reduced to 378kb. This caused flooding in Louth.

The storm, not the resizing.

20170805_124325-1305x734.jpg

3 hours ago, tree monkey said:

:)

The first of a very long day of emergency call outs

Which you blamed on me 

tree monkey    299
20 minutes ago, matty40s said:

A 7mb picture reduced to 378kb. This caused flooding in Louth.

The storm, not the resizing.

20170805_124325-1305x734.jpg

Which you blamed on me 

Not blamed on you at all mate, everyone else in the office was "nahh it won't be that bad", whilst I was quietly stocking the car with snacks and red bull in preparation thanks to you.

Heffalump    43
12 hours ago, David Schweizer said:

One of my interests is traditional boat decoration, and there were some excellent examples on the forum, I have posted a lot of work by Ron Hough over the years which could be accessed by members, it has all gone now. When I have more time I may start a thread to which people can add their "lost" photos.

I will also be deleting everthing I have in my Photobucket library and will be cancelling my membership.

Imgur is a very good service if anyone's looking for alternatives. A bit more corporate than a lot of photo dumping grounds so a bit more likely to stick around.

18 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Ohhh it worked.

Storm Doris and some unidentified fungi plus a dodgy union at the base.

The thing apparently had been looking dodgy for ages

The fungi problem reminds me of the 87 storm, after which a large proportion of the trees that came down around south Hampshire turned out to have some form of disease inside the trunks.

tree monkey    299
1 minute ago, Stilllearning said:

The fungi problem reminds me of the 87 storm, after which a large proportion of the trees that came down around south Hampshire turned out to have some form of disease inside the trunks.

Most if not all mature trees will be colonised by at least 1 type of fungi, in fact new research is suggesting that most trees of all age ranges will be colonised by some sort of fungi.

Funnily enough many of the veteran trees, which are riddled with all sorts of different fungi and mostly hollow survived the 87 storm.

I am getting into uber tree geek mode here, I will stop now :)