A sad day.

junior

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, GoodGurl said:

i also used photobucket to host pictures for my blog, my blog is now useless without them :(  blogspot.co.uk

Yes, and a lot of people used it to post pictures on CWDF which have now all gone.

One of my interests is traditional boat decoration, and there were some excellent examples on the forum, I have posted a lot of work by Ron Hough over the years which could be accessed by members, it has all gone now. When I have more time I may start a thread to which people can add their "lost" photos.

I will also be deleting everthing I have in my Photobucket library and will be cancelling my membership.

• Angry 1

7 minutes ago, Peter-Bullfinch said:

This will be damson gin at Christmas time. I thought that if the fallen tree was a bit of a  random picture then this one is equally so. The good thing about damson gin is you need a couple of clear wine bottles and that means drinking the contents first.....20170812_141233.jpg.f0a1a1aef085108f4cf181918af64abd.jpg

Not random to me. ;)

I was just testing the photo upload in the forum and I have a lot of tree photos

2 hours ago, David Schweizer said:

Yes, and a lot of people used it to post pictures on CWDF which have now all gone.

I've heard of similar complaints across other forums and blogs too. And I've seen a few ebay listings with photos replaced by the photobucket notice as well. The whole thing has caught a lot of people by surprise.

20 minutes ago, matty40s said:

A 7mb picture reduced to 378kb. This caused flooding in Louth.

The storm, not the resizing.

20170805_124325-1305x734.jpg

Which you blamed on me 

Not blamed on you at all mate, everyone else in the office was "nahh it won't be that bad", whilst I was quietly stocking the car with snacks and red bull in preparation thanks to you.

12 hours ago, David Schweizer said:

One of my interests is traditional boat decoration, and there were some excellent examples on the forum, I have posted a lot of work by Ron Hough over the years which could be accessed by members, it has all gone now. When I have more time I may start a thread to which people can add their "lost" photos.

I will also be deleting everthing I have in my Photobucket library and will be cancelling my membership.

Imgur is a very good service if anyone's looking for alternatives. A bit more corporate than a lot of photo dumping grounds so a bit more likely to stick around.

18 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Ohhh it worked.

Storm Doris and some unidentified fungi plus a dodgy union at the base.

The thing apparently had been looking dodgy for ages

The fungi problem reminds me of the 87 storm, after which a large proportion of the trees that came down around south Hampshire turned out to have some form of disease inside the trunks.

1 minute ago, Stilllearning said:

The fungi problem reminds me of the 87 storm, after which a large proportion of the trees that came down around south Hampshire turned out to have some form of disease inside the trunks.

Most if not all mature trees will be colonised by at least 1 type of fungi, in fact new research is suggesting that most trees of all age ranges will be colonised by some sort of fungi.

Funnily enough many of the veteran trees, which are riddled with all sorts of different fungi and mostly hollow survived the 87 storm.

I am getting into uber tree geek mode here, I will stop now :)

• 3 months later...

If you have google chrome, there is a fix, i can now see all photobucket photos once again on this page!

Top right hand corner, three little dots, click this then click more tools, then click extensions, scroll to the bottom and click get more extensions, then type photobubket fixer and select one of them and install.

Easy!

On 8/12/2017 at 21:47, David Schweizer said:

I presume you have not paid for Photobucket at any point?

If so I'd be tempted to leave your photos there, so they have to provide the disk space for them in perpituity.

Deleting them, by way of a protest, is surely playing into their hands?

If all of us disgruntled with what they have done decided to do that, they would free up many terabytes of disk - that's hardly likely to upset Photobucket's owners, if you weren't ever paying them (!)

On 8/13/2017 at 00:46, David Mack said:

I've heard of similar complaints across other forums and blogs too. And I've seen a few ebay listings with photos replaced by the photobucket notice as well. The whole thing has caught a lot of people by surprise.

And for most "normal" private users, I think Photobucket have scored a massive own goal.

Had they wanted an annual subscription of a few quid to allow you to coninue using them as a host for web images, quite a lot of people might have coughed up, just to avoid the hassle of changing.  But they don't want a few quid - from memory they want far more than most of us would ever justify.

Thus they have pissed off thousands of people, but probably produced very little new income by their actions.

On 12/08/2017 at 20:51, tree monkey said:

Did this work?

The topic promoted to try to upload a picture,  not tried on the new software

20170223_104126.jpg

That must explain the road sign which I saw recently: Danger: heavy plant crossing".

2 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

I presume you have not paid for Photobucket at any point?

If so I'd be tempted to leave your photos there, so they have to provide the disk space for them in perpituity.

Deleting them, by way of a protest, is surely playing into their hands?

If all of us disgruntled with what they have done decided to do that, they would free up many terabytes of disk - that's hardly likely to upset Photobucket's owners, if you weren't ever paying them (!)

2 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

And for most "normal" private users, I think Photobucket have scored a massive own goal.

Had they wanted an annual subscription of a few quid to allow you to coninue using them as a host for web images, quite a lot of people might have coughed up, just to avoid the hassle of changing.  But they don't want a few quid - from memory they want far more than most of us would ever justify.

Thus they have pissed off thousands of people, but probably produced very little new income by their actions.

I had not paid a subscription, and as the only place I ever posted photos was this forum, I no longer need them with the new click and drag facility. So yes they have shot themselves in the foot as far as people like me are concerned.

Edited by David Schweizer

1 hour ago, Laurie.Booth said:

But I haven't got your old Fuji camera.

:)

You don't need a Fuji camera for the programme to work, it will manage any pictures you download.  I think the programme can be dowloaded for free, but the new verion does not appear to have the batch reduction feature any more, but the Microsof Picture Manager does have a re-sizing feature.

Edited by David Schweizer

6 hours ago, Dave Payne said:

If you have google chrome, there is a fix, i can now see all photobucket photos once again on this page!

Top right hand corner, three little dots, click this then click more tools, then click extensions, scroll to the bottom and click get more extensions, then type photobubket fixer and select one of them and install.

Easy!

I think I know where you got that from....