Change to first screen

Go to solution Solved by john6767,

Featured Posts

My first screen on entering the forum has changed - I no longer get the opportunity to log in or out, nor any other information.

Just a page with:-

Top line      4 graphics on the right of a black background

Next line    blue band with canal world discussion forum

Third line   white band with forums on the left and start new topic on the right

then a list of the various forums

Nothing else whatsoever - presumably this is not correct, what do I need to do?

Frank

43 minutes ago, mross said:

Near top-right, press the key marked Prt Sc (print screen).  Then, with the cursor in the body of the message area hold down the CTRL key and press 'v' then release both keys.

Unless it is a Mac!

Just to explain further, that will create an image of the screen display, which will have been copied on to the clipboard. 

Frahkn will then need to paste it from the clipboard into a post by using edit/paste, or pressing the Control Key and then the 'V' key whilst still holding down the Control key.

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Just to explain further, that will create an image of the screen display on the clipboard. 

Frahkn will then need to paste it into a post by using edit/paste or pressing the Control Key and the 'V' key whilst holding down the Control key.

Thanks both.

I am on a Mac, I can get a screen print (it is left as an icon on my desktop) but I don't follow how to get it into a message.

Also, I reported my OP thinking admin would get back to me but no luck so far - is there any other way I can alert them?

Thanks.

Reports tend to get noticed immediately, but action if not urgent can take hours or days, if ever.

Not many mods and they have real lives of their own. Surprisingly ... ;)

8 minutes ago, frahkn said:

Thanks both.

I am on a Mac, I can get a screen print (it is left as an icon on my desktop) but I don't follow how to get it into a message.

So how would you normally paste something from the clipboard on a Mac?

Do this!

Or are Mac users unaware of the concept of copying and pasting?

10 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Reports tend to get noticed immediately, but action if not urgent can take hours or days, if ever.

Not many mods and they have real lives of their own. Surprisingly ... ;)

So how would you normally paste something from the clipboard on a Mac?

Do this!

Or are Mac users unaware of the concept of copying and pasting?

No, not Mac users, just me (I find it difficult to post photos as well).

You are quite right, I'll research it.

Frank

16 minutes ago, frahkn said:

No, not Mac users, just me (I find it difficult to post photos as well).

You are quite right, I'll research it.

Frank

Put the cursor in the reply box as though you were going to type a reply, then press "command + v" at the same time. Assuming you have just done a screen shot :)

• Solution
29 minutes ago, Heffalump said:

What you're doing there is somehow viewing the mobile theme for the website. The icon in the top right of three horizontal bars is the menu icon. If you click that you'll get a menu drop down with all the options you're missing :)

I don't think there is a such a thing as a mobile theme anymore, just different themes depending on the resolution of the browser window, principally the width.  That looks to a quite a low resolution screen to start with, and then the browser window available is being made much smaller again.  Don't have the favourites displayed and make the window use more of the screen.  Anyone can see the layout switch to the different themes BTW, just resize the browser window to make it narrower and you will see that it switches to what you would see on a low resolution screen like a phone.  There is of course noting wrong with using that theme on the desktop, but perhaps not what you would normal choose.

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, john6767 said:

I don't think there is a such a thing as a mobile theme anymore, just different themes depending on the resolution of the browser window, principally the width.  That looks to a quite a low resolution screen to start with, and then the browser window available is being made much smaller again.  Don't have the favourites displayed and make the window use more of the screen.  Anyone can see the layout switch to the different themes BTW, just resize the browser window to make it narrower and you will see that it switches to what you would see on a low resolution screen like a phone.  There is of course noting wrong with using that theme on the desktop, but perhaps not what you would normal choose.

Yes correct, poorly worded I suppose. I should have said you've managed to get your browser to display the styles designed for small devices! :) maximise browser and get rid of favourites bar should sort it.

10 minutes ago, Heffalump said:

Yes correct, poorly worded I suppose. I should have said you've managed to get your browser to display the styles designed for small devices! :) maximise browser and get rid of favourites bar should sort it.

Thanks all.

I've resized my screen and all is now well.

And I've learned an easier way to post photos!

Frank.