Our new adventure day 17

Debs

Featured Posts

Today, after a fantastically quiet night, we woke up to drizzle! Dont you just love that word? It's not rain, it's drizzle! We had ourselves a full English breakfast and before you knew it, it was 10:30. We made our way through Pinkhill lock again only to find the lock keepers parents and his children all working the lock! Three generations on one lock was amazing to see! After Eynsham lock and just before Kings lock, we took a left turn back onto the Oxford canal. Once on the Oxford, we did a right turn to carry on down the canal. I believe this is called Jericho. I have to say that, according to posts from other people, this was meant to be a horrible journey to make. However, it was a really nice part of the canal with some amazing artwork under the bridges. Each to their own but I preferred going this way than travelling through Port Meadow. After getting back on to the Thames, we moored up just past Osney bridge. This is the lowest bridge on the Thames. We then made our way to Oxford Centre. 

We have never really explored Oxford before so we decided to make a day of it and explore the city. After walking at least 100m we got on a tour bus that took us all the way round Oxford city centre and told us loads of useless facts that we will never remember. The good thing is, the driver asked what we wanted to be charged. We asked what the cheapest was and he said "senior" so we told him that would do! We spent the rest of the day exploring Oxford. It is a beautiful city steeped in history despite all the Oxford "tat" shops! We ended up having a meal in The Mitre. This wasn't the best of choices!  I have had a better burger from MacDonalds and Burger King and ended up getting my money back as I couldn't actually eat it. I've not been very lucky on this trip with food, it has to be said! Yet again, the only sustenance I've had is wine tonight! Woohoo!  

Tomorrow promises to be wet! We'll see how it goes but in the mean time, I hope your evening is full of laughter and friendship! In other words, have a drink for me! X

IMG_2725.JPG

IMG_2728.JPG

IMG_2731.JPG

IMG_2732.JPG

IMG_2735.JPG

IMG_2741.JPG

IMG_2743.JPG

IMG_2746.JPG

IMG_2747.JPG

IMG_2749.JPG

IMG_2750.JPG

IMG_2751.JPG