Mooring in Preston

Alway Swilby

Featured Posts

There's space for one boat at the sanitary station at Preston that's behind a gate as I recall. It's quite a walk into the town though. Apart from that I wouldn't leave a boat there. There's decent shopping & mooring in Garstang, Carnforth & Lancaster if you can wait till then. 

1 hour ago, frangar said:

There's space for one boat at the sanitary station at Preston that's behind a gate as I recall. It's quite a walk into the town though. Apart from that I wouldn't leave a boat there. There's decent shopping & mooring in Garstang, Carnforth & Lancaster if you can wait till then. 

Actually you can breast up, get the drink out and share it with your neighbour.

At least that's what we did. 

Edited by pearley
  • Happy 1

We have moored overnight at the sanitary station and a couple of years before that on the tow path side. I now realise why we got the whole of the towpaths to ourselves! We had no problems at all, the boat was not left unattended. 

Val

Space is very limited at the Cadley service area (Preston end) and below here is a bit of a disappointing end to this great canal, but interesting enough to have a run down nonetheless. If you don't want to stay but still want to visit Preston centre , there is an excellent bus service from Bilsborrow, Garstang, and Lancaster (or you could also get the train from Lancaster).

7 hours ago, matty40s said:

Preston is crap , the first motorway in the UK was wisely built to bypass this hole.

I think that's a little unfair. If you want a crap place there's always London....thankfully they built the M25 to avoid it 

14 hours ago, matty40s said:

Preston is crap , the first motorway in the UK was wisely built to bypass this hole.

I think someone hailing from the midlands would be wise to keep his trap shut, all I'm going to say is Birmingham....... :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, jonathanA said:

I think someone hailing from the midlands would be wise to keep his trap shut, all I'm going to say is Birmingham....... :rolleyes:

I'm happy to listen to almost any amount of drivel but you cannot seriously be attempting to compare Preston and Birmingham?

I am a mere foreigner but I went to school in one and now live in the other and cannot see how they can be compared.