Cruising the network

Timx

Featured Posts

Hi, not wishing to side track other posts at this moment , I am cc ing, have been from blah blah to blah blah and back, just coming up to first year ccing currently on g.u. .my boat is 60ft , but with stern gear fender it comes to 61.75 ft, can I go up the Trent and down the Leeds and Liverpool without too much trouble ? Or is it not worth the hassle, I would like to go up to York way next summer, and l&l back and around would be interesting, but just up and down via Trent would be a challenge, so hence my question.?

8 hours ago, Timx said:

Hi, not wishing to side track other posts at this moment , I am cc ing, have been from blah blah to blah blah and back, just coming up to first year ccing currently on g.u. .my boat is 60ft , but with stern gear fender it comes to 61.75 ft, can I go up the Trent and down the Leeds and Liverpool without too much trouble ? Or is it not worth the hassle, I would like to go up to York way next summer, and l&l back and around would be interesting, but just up and down via Trent would be a challenge, so hence my question.?

Let's stay on topic just for a wee while at least

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/08/2017 at 00:29, Timx said:

Our boat is 62.5 ft and we went to York with no issues. The Trent was fine and not nearly as scary as some folk think. Just be well prepared and read up on some of the many threads on here about it. There is a 60 ft lock at Thorne on the Stainforth & Keadby Canal which you will be going through and we managed it diagonally so you should be fine. If you have time why not turn off the Trent at West Stockwith and explore the Chesterfield Canal? It's a lovely canal and will give you a short break from the river before continuing your journey downstream.

As for going on the L&L afterwards I suggest you read the many threads about it on this forum and then make your own mind up. I did this and have decided against it.