Theme update 05/08/2017

RichM

Featured Posts

Ok this should now be fixed in IE though I still strongly recommend people move away from IE if they want websites to be displayed properly. Furthermore, we don't support IE. It lacks compatibility with today's websites and frankly it is rubbish. I have tested Canal World in IE11 and it is painfully slow. That in itself should be one reason to move away!

2 hours ago, RichM said:

Ok this should now be fixed in IE though I still strongly recommend people move away from IE if they want websites to be displayed properly. Furthermore, we don't support IE. It lacks compatibility with today's websites and frankly it is rubbish. I have tested Canal World in IE11 and it is painfully slow. That in itself should be one reason to move away!

Well, interestingly, I just looked at this topic in IE11, Chrome, and Firefox (I already had all 3 installed when I was looking at browsers), and there was no useful difference in speed, so until IE11 becomes unusable I will continue with it, as I don't want to inflict yet another change on Mrs Mac, who only just holds her own in using a computer anyway.

Incidentally, CWDF is the only site of all those I visit which has presented problems of display, etc.  when using IE11.  But thankfully you are here to fix them! :)