Our new adventure day 14

Debs

Featured Posts

So, last night we ended up in Banbury. Indeed, we played cards and yes, I won lots of money from Mick! After spending a good few nights in little villages or in the middle of nowhere, it was very noticeable how bright it was with the street lights. 

This morning, we went shopping after we treated ourselves to a McDonald breakfast! We bought some baize for the table (so we can lose money like professionals), some clips to hold it onto the table (that don't work), a couple of belts to keep Micks trousers up and a load of food from M&S on the pretext that I'm going to cook at some point! The weather was calm and bright and we were in t shirts when we eventually set off at about 1pm. When you leave Banbury, there is a lift bridge to negotiate before a lock. It was all very pleasant as there were boats coming up as well as going down so there was loads of help for a change. Just as we exited the lock, the rain started! It was as though Banbury was shedding a tear that we were leaving. However, after about a minute, it realised it was us so stopped again! That was the only rain we had all day! Yay!

What a difference a day makes! It was lovely! It was even quite warm. Who would have thought it was August?! The sun shone for most of the day but, to be honest, a great big black cloud followed us for most of the day too! I even had a shadow! Something that I really shouldn't have got that excited about! 

We passed a lovely little farm shop/cafe/bar where people were relaxing with a drink on the sofas edging the canal. We went through Aynho diamond lock as well as Somerton deep lock. Each place is so different to anything else. It beautiful when it's a pleasant day! We even saw some deer in a field, a fox running away from us, a bird of prey landing in a tree and flying off again and some very pretty whit ducks. I also had a very close encounter with a cow at one of the lift bridges. 

We have finally come to rest at Lower Heyford. We've moored up and walked into the extremely pretty village to The Bell pub just 5 minutes walk away. We know the food is good as we were here back in May which is why we're here again. 

Just after mooring up however, that cloud finally caught up with us and the rain started to fall. Let's hope that it's overnight rain and tomorrow will be as nice, if not better, than today. 

IMG_2586.JPG

IMG_2588.JPG

IMG_2589.JPG

IMG_2590.JPG

IMG_2596.JPG

IMG_2594.JPG

IMG_2600.JPG

IMG_2602.JPG

IMG_2610.JPG

IMG_2614.JPG

IMG_2621.JPG

IMG_2625.JPG