Unjustifiable marina costs

firstboat

Featured Posts

On 4 August 2017 at 19:09, Naughty Cal said:

We also have to pay £50 per day per contractor if we have people other than marina staff working on the boat. 

Would this also be chargeable if said contractor is a mate, using his sign written van but doing the work gratis?

52 minutes ago, Bewildered said:

Would this also be chargeable if said contractor is a mate, using his sign written van but doing the work gratis?

Since it seems that most marinas do not enforce such charges for contractors (they usually like to know that they are coming for security reasons) any blatant attempt to subvert is likely to have an adverse reaction - probably to the detriment to all the innocent moorers as well.

1 hour ago, Bewildered said:

Strictly speaking, yes. It makes no difference to the boatyard whether your external contractor does the work for a fortune or for free.

4 hours ago, Tom766 said:

However, I'd draw the line at having my boat blocked in, I'd see red and cut the ropes with the nearest knife and push their boat out of the way!

Sorry, not diplomatic is it :ninja:

Far easier to untie them and leave without facing criminal damage claims.

2 hours ago, Mike Todd said:

they usually like to know that they are coming for security reasons

In addition, Mercia requires any external contractor to sign in and show proof of Public Liability insurance, seems a sensible requirement. They don't make any charges for the use of externals.