Window blinds

CarolB

Featured Posts

Thinking of replacing curtains with blinds, can I buy ready made casements to hold them in place or do they need to be custom made. Quite like the wooden box type casements you see on some boats.

9 hours ago, CarolB said:

Thinking of replacing curtains with blinds, can I buy ready made casements to hold them in place or do they need to be custom made. Quite like the wooden box type casements you see on some boats.

We have some Roman blinds mixed in with our curtains they are fab.

Why do you need casements?  All you need is something to secure the blind at the bottom, even a couple of 90 degree hooks will do at a push though our blinds are secured by the hardwood rails that did the same job for the curtains.  I've heard of people hanging them upside down but that's a bit too subversive for me.  

Blinds are great on a narrowboat, the standard sizes usually fit perfectly and they are so cheap you can replace them if/when they get too grubby, we would never go back to curtains.  

12 minutes ago, Neil2 said:

Why do you need casements?  All you need is something to secure the blind at the bottom, even a couple of 90 degree hooks will do at a push though our blinds are secured by the hardwood rails that did the same job for the curtains.  I've heard of people hanging them upside down but that's a bit too subversive for me.  

Blinds are great on a narrowboat, the standard sizes usually fit perfectly and they are so cheap you can replace them if/when they get too grubby, we would never go back to curtains.  

This ^^^^

On one of our shareboats, small magnets were glued onto the bottom rail of the blind (one at each end) and small pieces of metal screwed onto the side and bottom frame of the window (to allow the blind to be half closed).

Discrete and worked well.