Battery inter-connect cables

Col_T

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'm with DMR on this. As the SoC of the battery delivering 35.9A falls, so will its terminal voltage relative to the others and less current will flow. 

Gibbo may have measured those values instantaneously, but I'd more interested to see multiple sets of data taken at say one minute intervals for 10 or fifteen minutes. I would expect the currents to roughly equalise, but at the end of the test the SoCs of the batteries will vary very slightly.

The furthest battery away will have the highest SoC but the differences between furthest and nearest I would expect to be very small. I'm sure Gibbo would have thought of this, so one wonders why he hasn't published the results of such a test. 

As far as I can see they are calculated values

The problem is that in very low resistance circuits (as we have here) huge differences in current can be produced by tiny variations in battery voltage. I'm not going to produce the calculations here because they really are quite horrific. I actually used a PC based simulator to produce these results because it is simply too time consuming to do them by hand.

Would be interested what several amp meters connected into the loops would show.