Featured Posts

The 'share this post' and post number buttons at the top right of each post are pretty faint on my screen, but the 'Report post' button to the left of them is virtually invisible.  In fact I was going to ask why it had gone, but RichM happened to direct a new poster to it.  and by looking very, very carefully I can just see it.  Is there any way of making these buttons more visible?

1 hour ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

The 'share this post' and post number buttons at the top right of each post are pretty faint on my screen, but the 'Report post' button to the left of them is virtually invisible.....        ....Is there any way of making these buttons more visible?

It's a valid question. I will ask @RichM to look into it for us. We have purchased the default Shift theme as an off the shelf theme, however it may well be we can request and or pay for alerations.

Daniel

On my tablet if I tap on an individual post the Report Post text becomes white and clearly visible but without doing that it is almost the same colour as the background so I expect it has a mouseover style being applied.

8 hours ago, Jerra said:

For me it is invisble until I move the mouse then it and the other two turn white.  (Desk top)

This is more or less my experience also - though I have to move the mouse over the text in question, which then turns from faint grey to bright white.

7 hours ago, DHutch said:

It's a valid question. I will ask @RichM to look into it for us. We have purchased the default Shift theme as an off the shelf theme, however it may well be we can request and or pay for alerations.

Daniel

Thank you.  I'm actually using the Legacy theme, but it's the same in Shift, so nothing to do with the theme?

And tapping or doing anything else on my tablet doesn't make any difference.

2 hours ago, Athy said:

This is more or less my experience also - though I have to move the mouse over the text in question, which then turns from faint grey to bright white.

Watching more closely it turns white as soon as the mouse enters the area between the heading bar and the bar with the up arrow.  Anywhere does it.  Previously the mouse had been in that area and so changed as soon as it moved.

4 hours ago, Rob-M said:

On my tablet if I tap on an individual post the Report Post text becomes white and clearly visible but without doing that it is almost the same colour as the background so I expect it has a mouseover style being applied.

Same on my phone.

3 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Thank you.  I'm actually using the Legacy theme, but it's the same in Shift, so nothing to do with the theme?

And tapping or doing anything else on my tablet doesn't make any difference.

Ok. We have less control over the 'Legacy' theme but obviously if we can effect a change to both, if we can change it at all, we would I'm sure.

Of I click on the strip at the top of the post, containing the buttons, they do go bright white for me, but by then it's sort of two late.

Daniel

Yes it seems supremely pointless having links greyed out and invisible until the mouse strays over them.

Another example of coding done by coders with nothing better to do than fiddle with stuff that worked perfectly well before they 'improved' it. 

Although to be fair, it was probably a change specified by a system designer with nothing better to do either....

On 7/31/2017 at 12:40, Jerra said:

For me the report button appears as soon as the mouse touches the blue top or bottom bar, or if already inside the area when the page loads as soon as it moves.

If it wasn't for this I guess there would be a very strong argument for such a change. -This happens in my case also when using Chrome. Is this not the case for everyone? Please let me know.

More than happy to make changes where possible that bring benefit to the majority but I really don't have an infinite amount of time and as I say, web design is not really my specialty.

That's fine if you have a more but on a tablet or phone you have to select a post by touching it before the Report Post the white. I am sure it will just be in the CSS, I don't have a plugin on my tablet to view the applied style. When I'm next in the laptop I'll have a look at what styles are applying.

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

That's fine if you have a more but on a tablet or phone you have to select a post by touching it before the Report Post the white.

On my android phone touching anywhere in the post (including the coloured header and footer bands on each post) changes the Report Post flag, the link to post link and the post number to white.

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

That's fine if you have a more but on a tablet or phone you have to select a post by touching it before the Report Post the white. I am sure it will just be in the CSS, I don't have a plugin on my tablet to view the applied style. When I'm next in the laptop I'll have a look at what styles are applying.

Well basically that is what I have to do on the desk top.  Put the mouse into the message or if it is already in move it.  Doesn't seem much difference to me.

Having looked through some CSS this morning with the IE Debugger tools it seems that the Opacity is set using the ipsFaded class, although it is quite difficult to pick things apart from only being able to see the presented web page, and the Opacity level is changed when the mouse is over a post.  A search of all CSS files could be done to change the ipsFaded opacity level to something nearer 0 then it wouldn't be quite as faint.  The only issue with modifying the CSS in the theme is if there is a theme update any customisations will be lost unless IPS provide a way to override core settings which is what I am used to with Drupal based sites.

I am using the Shift theme with the default colour scheme.  Mac may be using the Legacy theme or changed colours which would be why he has white backgrounds.