Linking images

Go to solution Solved by RichM,

Featured Posts

I have been trying to create a new thread with a picture from the internet (Facebook). When I paste the link into the editor, the image appears. But when I submit the post, the image is no longer there. Very frustrating! Why is this please?

• Solution
16 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

The image I was trying to post was the beached narrowboat on this Facebook page using iPad / Safari:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/LythamStAnnesRnliPage/posts/?ref=page_internal

Also, I get this message about the link having no status, what does that mean?

IMG_0626.PNG.3e20cdbe189fe3bc78b35e74cbe7f883.PNG

That URL is not a valid URL for an image and links to a page, no idea how it could have worked even briefly in all honesty.

As for the status error, not sure. I can only guess it relates to http status codes. In any case I'd ignore that as whoever wrote that error obviously did not write it with the end user in mind.

I recommend dragging & dropping the image you wish to post, e.g.:
Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

The link I just posted was to a page, yes. Can't really drag and drop on an iPad! Actually I think that was more or less what I was doing, long press on the image gives "copy" or "save". I chose Copy. The image appeared fine in the editor, but disappeared when I submitted it. I tried numerous times with same result each time. I've just tried pasting the result of the Copy into Notes and yes, it pasted the whole image not the URL.

8 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Surely if the image appears in the editor, there is no reason why it shouldn't appear after I submit it? Is there? 

You would have thought so but who knows, anyway you are doing better than me then.  Using the Facebook app I can't get a URL to the image on iPad, all I can do is save it.  Using a browser with Windows you can do it.

20376211_1382089781839682_16246093232176

Edited to add, I had to use Facebook in Safari on the iPad to get the URL.  How did you do it.

Edited by john6767

I get Copy or save. With Copy, I initially thought it was copying the link but seems it copied the image. Anyway, in the end I saved it and uploaded it, which was ok. EXCEPT that all my saved images bar the last few screenshots done late last night, have now disappeared. Including that one. I definitely give up!

50 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

I get Copy or save. With Copy, I initially thought it was copying the link but seems it copied the image. Anyway, in the end I saved it and uploaded it, which was ok. EXCEPT that all my saved images bar the last few screenshots done late last night, have now disappeared. Including that one. I definitely give up!

Yep that is what I see in the app, it does not expose the urls at all, and you need to use a browser to get to the actual URL to the image, but not the URL to the page that will not work.