Character assassination

Featured Posts

The new version of the software allows people to vote members reputations down. This caused massive problems in the past, that's why we only have Greenies, no Reddies

TURN IT OFF!!!

Richard

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1
  • Unimpressed 1

I seem to have about half a dozen options, and it's not even clear which increase reputation and which decrease it.

Does laughing at a post give or remove reputation? Being sad?

I'd give Richard's post a greenie if I could work out which one to give......

MP.

• Angry 1

3 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

I seem to have about half a dozen options, and it's not even clear which increase reputation and which decrease it.

Does laughing at a post give or remove reputation? Being sad?

I'd give Richard's post a greenie if I could work out which one to give......

MP.

A heart adds two, unimpressed reduces by two, can't be bothered to work out the rest

The Greenie icon is missing

Richard

Edited by RLWP

1 hour ago, RLWP said:

A heart adds two, unimpressed reduces by two, can't be bothered to work out the rest

The Greenie icon is missing

Richard

Hmmm I just clicked on the 'Angry' one for your post, planning to see what effect it had then rescind it, then go through them all doing the same. 

You had 1014 points before I clicked it, and after, you still have 1014. So no effect there then.

But now it seems I can't cancel it. DOH!!!

• Angry 1

3 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

No, no, no ...... if this is true revert immediately.  We don't need this opportunity for trolls to snigger and hide behind their keyboards.

It is true, I just voted your reputation down a point

Richard

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Now I've removed them both and you're the same 1015.

I'm 1014, and I've just reduced you to 2023

Refresh the page in your browser

Richard

Edited by RLWP

I am a member on 4 forums  find that this is the only one going thru' these 'updating' pains every week.

A question asked in all sincerity- is it because this forum is being run on a 'cheap' system ?

I have previously made suggestions of alternatives and was  told they are too expensive ie 'V-bulletin'.

• Angry 1

27 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I am a member on 4 forums  find that this is the only one going thru' these 'updating' pains every week.

A question asked in all sincerity- is it because this forum is being run on a 'cheap' system ?

I have previously made suggestions of alternatives and was  told they are too expensive ie 'V-bulletin'.

While we do prefer to keep the software we run fully patched & up to date (and this includes server software and other software that you don't see), I wouldn't go as far as saying it happens every week.

The forum software is not cheap and with the addons we have I'd say the cost is on a par with vBulletin.

FWIW, I too prefer vBulletin personally having used it for a number of years but if we did use it, we would still keep it up to date. And looking at it now, I can see a whole bunch of things people would likely complain about if we were to migrate to it as it's vastly different in terms of look and feel. We have no current plans to migrate to it but feel free to run an opinion poll on it, with examples for people to see.

Cheers

RichM

23 minutes ago, RichM said:

In response to the reaction received, I have amended the reputation points associated with the reactions as follows. As you can see, there's no negative points anymore. 

reactions.png

Oh dear, I'm going through a period of  self loathing and realy wanted to hate all my posts!!!

22 minutes ago, RichM said:

In response to the reaction received, I have amended the reputation points associated with the reactions as follows. As you can see, there's no negative points anymore. 

I don't particularly want to give (or receive) greenies.  However, I feel a bit excluded because if I did want to give a greenie all I can see is an icon showing a broken link.

1 minute ago, MoominPapa said:

Tis working here. (Firefox/Linux).

MP.

Think you'll find it has been edited

Richard

Just now, koukouvagia said:

I don't particularly want to give (or receive) greenies.  However, I feel a bit excluded because if I did want to give a greenie all I can see is an icon showing a broken link.

Same here

1 minute ago, system 4-50 said:

It still works even if the icon is missing?

Ah yes, so it does.

Clearly without a boat to occupy me, I've got too much time on my hands and so find myself concerned about the minutiae of the forum. :P

Were there a large number of 12 year olds which demanded the change, possibly?

Too slow, too shit, FFS bite the bullet and move to vBulletin board sooner rather than later, Invision are taking the piss and have been doing for a while now, time to vote with your feet.

• Love 2

8 minutes ago, RichM said:

Works ok for me. Maybe a browser cache issue?

reactions2.png

Still no icon

I tried this: http://canalworld.net/forums/uploads/reactions/react_up.png

and got:

This canalworld.net page can’t be found

No webpage was found for the web address:http://canalworld.net/forums/uploads/reactions/react_up.png

HTTP ERROR 404

Richard

1 minute ago, MoominPapa said:

Still a .png when I checked a moment ago, not that it matters.....

MP.

What device and browser?