Watch Out Watch Out There's a Grumpy Triker About...!

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I'm sorry, sir. I'm anaspeptic, phrasmotic, even compunctious to have caused you such pericombobulation regarding agro with your agglomerator

I have decided to start my tour early, boat repairs and jobs allowing, and going to take my Dad to Llangollen and face the greatest fear other than Dentists....just got to do the Aquaduct while I'm up there....no choice in my mind now.

Do you need to book to cross or just take your place in the queue?.....given a fear of heights from an unprotected standpoint (have gone to the top of gas storage towers and all sorts of wobbly structures, but with safety bars!....can't wait!

Any advice for the Llangollen canal?...where to stop and where to pass, where to fuel and what to do when we arrive?...will do the steam train as just love those, anything else?:)

16 minutes ago, The Grumpy Triker said:

I have decided to start my tour early, boat repairs and jobs allowing, and going to take my Dad to Llangollen and face the greatest fear other than Dentists....just got to do the Aquaduct while I'm up there....no choice in my mind now.

Do you need to book to cross or just take your place in the queue?.....given a fear of heights from an unprotected standpoint (have gone to the top of gas storage towers and all sorts of wobbly structures, but with safety bars!....can't wait!

Any advice for the Llangollen canal?...where to stop and where to pass, where to fuel and what to do when we arrive?...will do the steam train as just love those, anything else?:)

I haven't been across it in ten years, so probably not best to offer advice.

Certainly you didnt need to book, and definitely dont look at the side of the two hundred year old trough of iron which probably isn't very thick as you pinball your newly aquired love and joy over a 126ft drop into the abyss of Khazad-dum. 

Ok, so I made that last bit up. 

Edited by rusty69

8 minutes ago, The Grumpy Triker said:

127' for me then :D 

it of a touristy thing but my Dad is 86yrs (a healthy one) so time with him alone will be special....so long as he doesn't lose it & push me off for forgetting sugar in his tea.

Your a very short Grumpy Triker. 

Seriously you and your dad will love it. Especially if you miss the busy season 

Edited by rusty69

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Your a vert short Grumpy Triker. 

Seriously you and your dad will love it. Especially if you miss the busy season 

Am allowing for the fact I'll be flat on the cruiser stern holding on for my life :D

cheers again :)...looking forward to the freedom of the cut.

12 hours ago, The Grumpy Triker said:

Am allowing for the fact I'll be flat on the cruiser stern holding on for my life :D

cheers again :)...looking forward to the freedom of the cut.

Just stand on the towpath side of the rear deck and you'll be fine.

I don't do heights. We went across 20 years ago. I sat in the front deck with an arm firmly round each of my small children. On the way back I walked over, the towpath has a fence one side so felt less scary than being on the back of the boat.

Sue