Online DVD Rental

DHutch

Featured Posts

Website Name:LoveFilm

Website URL: http://www.lovefilm.com/

Website Description: Online DVD rental (used to be called DVDs On Tap)

Any other comments: Great Selection of all genres, very quick turn around.

You chose the DVD,

Its sent to you 1st class,

Watch it at your lesure,

Send it pack in the 1st class SAE,

They send out the next one that day and send it out again,

Really, great if you dont have a local video store, or you like "Minoraty interest" Films

With LOVEFiLM, you can rent as many DVDs as you like for one flat monthly fee. You can keep your DVDs as long as you like: there are never any due dates or late fees.

Choose which films you'd like to watch. We'll send you films via first class mail, you can have 1, 3 or 4 films out at any one time. You can keep them as long as you want, and when you've finished, return them to us in the pre-paid envelope. When we get them back, we post your next available title the same day.

Daniel

Little word of warning about Lovefilm and Blockbuster. While my partner was on marternity leave we decided to join up first to Lovefilm. Excellent service for the first 3 - 4 weeks we seemed to receive all of our 10 ten requests. Love film and any other mail rental dvd / video service recommend you keep at least 30 film choices in your request list just in case your top choices are not available. After the first month we received a dvd which had a sticky ladel applid onto the dvd rather than a printed copy. Strange could this be a copy? Thought nothing of it popped into my trusted samsung 511 dvd player. Guess what it didn't play. So i sent it back explaining all to lovefilm and how my trusted dvd player didn't play thier films. They reply 24 hours later (48 really) explaining how sorry they were and it wasn't a copy (or backup as i suggested) but a genuine rental copy. Well the next 2 films turned up, again copies or shall we call them backups for legal reasons. We had been given a old raffle prize, a cheap and cheerful pacific dvd player. (I tell you something for £25 - 30 this player is brilliant. If your looking for a cheap player which would play toast, buy this thing. it'll play anything from mp3 - dvd - jpeg's off topic) So this player played the films been supplied by lovefilm. After another week or so we noticed that lovefilm had stop sending our top 20 films and started sending out our backup selection and stating the service was very busy and how they couldn't keep up with demand etc.

So we tried something I cancelled my subsubscription and my girlfriend signed up for a month. Guess what all of our top films we selected came through straight away. Not so busy now. It appears that if you are a new user / rental type person you get the better choices of films over the old regular customers and so on. I sent loads and loads of e-mail complaining they wasn't interested. So we went to blockbuster. Same bloody thing! Typical.

I hope others haven't had similar problems but please be warned! Once they have you direct debit they don't care what they send.

On the up side if you after something not so popular like Fred Dibnahs industrial age and Classic Narrow boats they have it! I know because i've rented it!

Weird, ive never had a problem with the service, i think in the last year only once dd we not get our top film (its was new out that week, and we got it the next time)

- Also, although the discs are Rental Copys, and some of them do have stick back plastic over the top (to protect the top of disk) this fairly normal with all dvd rental places, and they should play with no problems, i certainly have no problem in ours (a £25 Ronnin, or one of the PCs)

daniel