looking to try canal boating

Mick in Bangkok

Featured Posts

We've just had two separate weeks during school Summer Holidays on the Grand Union and Oxford Canals, and if anything felt a bit lonely!  Mooring where we wanted was not always easy, but I think those boats would be there whatever time we chose.  On the whole length of the upper Coventry Canal (to Coventry Basin) we passed only one other boat.  We never had to follow another boat, and were only followed about 5% of the time.  

I'm excluding Cropredy from this, as the huge Festival mean it was jammed with moored boats.

8 hours ago, westwd said:

Anglo Welsh have semi-trad sterns with central heating and wood burning stoves (need to clean them and return in the same state as hired though).

Thanks for that I will look into this

can anyone say what a good lead time for booking boats would be to be able to obtain a good boat at preferred dates?

I am in UK for Christmas with the family and might book then for a summer holiday