EE bill

Timx

Featured Posts

Hi, I have a contract with EE for a wifi unit on boat 4g it gives me 64gb for £21 a month, all fine.Today I checked my bill and they have charged me £12 extra, it says for services with other companies.Apparently it's something to do with sports scores, now it's possible I have accessed scores as I go along, three times at £4 a go, I never subscribed to anything or bought anything, so I disputed this with them, and they say it's in out terms and conditions that third parties can charge for where I have subscribed, even though I haven't subscribed to anything, but ee say not there problem take it up with the company, as it's not a scam. They gave me number, I rang it, a lady with a Nigerian accent answered, took my number by answer phone, played some music, then cut me off.Ee facilitate this but take no responsibility, it's only £12 but it could be £12000 next time, they have blocked future subscriptions, but be careful.They were even off hand showed no sympathy empathy, responsibility or care, I have agreed to speak with a supervisor mane'but he said she will just tell you the same. Ha Ee I had heard bad things about them , but wow

Yep they are usually described as premium rate text services usually from a number  like 645123 (made up number) my wife fell for this a few months ago  and I had a similar experience with Vodafone. They put a block on premium rate text services and gave me the number to contact the companies concerned.  One was very helpful and refunded all the charges accepting it had been a genuine mistake. The others couldn't give a stuff and said it was her own fault... 

Moral of the story is  be very wary of unsolicited texts and giving your number or details on websites. We never did quite work out what had triggered the texts but I think my wife thought she had signed up for some sort of special offer. Dozy mare :)

21 minutes ago, jonathanA said:

Moral of the story is  be very wary of unsolicited texts and giving your number or details on websites. We never did quite work out what had triggered the texts but I think my wife thought she had signed up for some sort of special offer. Dozy mare :)

But if you're using a MiFi device - like the OP and me - you never see the texts (unless you log into the admin bit of the device). I never sent a text from the device authorising anything - but saw texts in it thanking me for subscribing! 

If I had signed up for anything fine, but I never clicked on any pay for button, I have been scammed , only a few quid but Ee deny any responsibility, it's in there terms and conditions,if you have such a portal ring them and block any chance of it happening,phew Ee only facilitated a small amount of fraud to me thank you ee

8 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

It's too late, he has my bank details and he is sending all the money to ME!!

Please accept this as your first begging letter. My wife and I NEED a new Tesla S and can`t afford the monthly purchase repayments on our state pension. Please help.

10 hours ago, bozlite said:

Had exactly the same experience with EE myself, and didn't get any further than you in complaining about it. Very annoying, but life's too short, I suppose ...

I also had this with EE.  I used their online chat system and "spoke" to am operator who was helpful.  They blocked the premium rate service and said they would instruct the company to contact me within 5 days.  This didn't happen so EE gave me a £10 credit (I was owed £25 by this point as hadn't checked the bill for a few months) and said they would contact the company again.  I then went on holiday and forgot about it but I may have another go at retrieving the other £15.

Suggest anyone on EE have a look at their bills as this is commonplace on EE.

10 hours ago, jonathanA said:

Moral of the story is  be very wary of buying a mobile telephone, as they can cost you an inordinate amount of money.

I have slightly edited your post.