Our new adventure day 5

Debs

Featured Posts

So, after a beautiful evening last night we woke up to another grey day. Before we even set off, the heavens opened! So, on we trundled up the canal to Berkhamstead and beyond. Amazingly, we managed to pass three pubs without going in any of them! We met up with yet another boater in the first lock coming into Berkhamstead we was really handy. The water level is very low on the Grand Union at the moment so it's nice to be able to share the locks and save water. We decided to stop at bridge 140 as the canal book said there was a pub there, we moored up and walked up the road. There was no sign of a pub so, I googled it! It turned out to be another two locks up from where we moored so I managed to get my steps up today. The pub (The George and Dragon), was ok but, to be honest, I think we will give it a miss in future. The village though was very pretty with a very lopp sided house. After a couple of drinks we made our way back to the boat to continue our journey. 

After nearly knocking myself out on the door hatch, Mick had to do the next couple of locks by himself! It's never good to bang your head and see stars! I think I saw a whole galaxy, I did hurt! 

We have now moored up at Tring. We have moored here before thinking that there was a pub nearby but all there is is a train station! The wind has got up now but it appears to have stopped raining for the time being. I do hope tomorrow is a better day all round!

IMG_2402.JPG

IMG_2403.JPG

IMG_2404.JPG

IMG_2405.JPG

IMG_2406.JPG

IMG_2408.JPG

IMG_2409.JPG

IMG_2410.JPG

IMG_2411.JPG

IMG_2412.JPG

IMG_2413.JPG

IMG_2414.JPG

• Greenie 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's taken me 8 days to do what you did in four, I spend longer in all the pubs,possibly, and have sampled all the ones you have been in, and just at the three horseshoes now, and the weather isn't better, it's pissing down.But dry in a pub.

On 27 July 2017 at 09:26, Debs said:

Hopefully the weather will be better for you than it is for us!

1 hour ago, Timx said:

It's taken me 8 days to do what you did in four, I spend longer in all the pubs,possibly, and have sampled all the ones you have been in, and just at the three horseshoes now, and the weather isn't better, it's pissing down.But dry in a pub.

Watch out tomorrow as the forecast is even worse that today. Xx

There's two other pubs nearby, so don't have to move if it's wet all day, and a shop, so alls well, just so noisy with trains here! Being retired, I can go slow, your cursed with youth, so I understand your need to move on.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg