Diesels to be banned

dor

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, Loddon said:

I'm going from one "German" diesel PD engine/DPF the worst combination but no problems in my ownership of2.5years and 55000 miles (188000miles in total) to another "German" diesel CR with DPF / DMF and the horrid EA189 emmisions mod which will be removed when its remapped........Oh the old one was an Octavia Vrs the new one is a Yeti 4x4. Octy did 50mpg with ease and was quick, just couldn't afford to run a petrol car with the mileage I do and as for electric I can't afford a Tesla which is the only one with a decent range. I often do 250mile each way trips and most electric cars would need 2 recharges to do one way.

Our Octavia L&K 2.0TDI 170PS was a beautiful car - probably the best we've ever had.  Sold 2 years ago when the DMF started rattling at 110K, and I think the turbo was about to give up.  Regular trips up the M4 to London at 80+ returning 45mpg.  But I had to stick to the inside lane whenever I could to silence the tyre noise.  

Picking up my new gas guzzler tomorrow - bought unseen, good provenance, I hope it's a cracker.  My mileage is down to about 4K these days, so apart from the crazy road tax it won't break the bank on running costs.

On 8/7/2017 at 17:56, Murflynn said:

while searching for a replacement car recently I was amazed to find nearly all the second hand cars on the market are diesels, especially the German ones, and the choice of new cars with petrol engines is very limited.

reviews by Auto Express typically say - get the petrol engine, no dual mass flywheel, no turbo, no DPF to worry about.  I recently road-tested a diesel Audi that had a reconditioned engine and new turbo, DMF and DPF fitted by the dealer after he had picked up the car for a song - broken engine.

Constant problem with the 2 litre tdi just google it and the list is endless for them my sister had 2 engines fitted under warranty on her S3 and then her S3 four wheel drive jobby. The problem for her was trade in value dealers new the problems so Audi were the only ones to offer her decent money so she is stuck with a crap brand!