Weed hatch tape

Featured Posts

I am scraping and cleaning up the weed hatch in order to replace the tape. It seems that over time my hatch has had tape applied to both the hatch lid and the lip of hatch.

where is the best place to fit the tape?

should it be on the hatch lid itself or on the rim of the hatch?

Fix it to the top of the hatch.  Make sure the edge of the hatch lid is reasonably smooth.

Make sure you get proper weedhatch tape - it should be a few mm thick - there is similar tape that is much thinner, similar to window tape thickness.

41 minutes ago, dor said:

Fix it to the top of the hatch.  Make sure the edge of the hatch lid is reasonably smooth.

Make sure you get proper weedhatch tape - it should be a few mm thick - there is similar tape that is much thinner, similar to window tape thickness.

That was my thinking; it seemed more sensible to fit it around the edges of a square plate than to try to fit it to the lip of the hole.

used 50x6mm weed hatch tape from Midland Chandlers, job done, no leaks.

I used to put it round the top edge of the hole, but then it gets damaged as your reaching in, so now put it on the underside of the covering plate. Obviously in part depends on how positively the cover aligns etc. Ours is sized the same and can only fit where it fits so it's easy.

Dirt cheap of eBay, neoprene foam tape.

Daniel