> > > CRT DEATH TRAP FACILITIES < < <

Featured Posts

On 24/07/2017 at 22:53, Paul C said:

I do believe the OP has a valid claim against the operator responsible, which in the absence of other details, seems to be "Chirk Marina".

Really? What for? 

His complaint is that the timber on the pontoons is unsafe in his personal opinion. I don't think he ever said he had injured himself or suffered any loss. 

It all sounds to me more like a squabble with the manager there who has told him to get lost. 

Well if he's paying for an unusable pontoon, he could rightfully ask for that pontoon to be made useable/safe, or a discount because he can't use it. I suspect a lot to do with the issue is approach though - a firm but polite request, with the backing of a number of other moorers who share the concern, may yield results. An isolated emotive rant or unreasonably high expectations (we haven't even gotten to the actual, factual state of the pontoons....) would probably reveal that the marina don't in fact have an obligation to renew his mooring agreement, and he could find out quite abruptly that there is no security of tenure of moorings. There may still be time yet - after all, he's not actually engaged Chirk Marina, instead going for CRT erroneously?

This is his complaint....

On 22/07/2017 at 15:11, one of the hidden said:

...some of the pontoons on the other side of the marina were condemned last year after people had fallen through the rotten timbers & into the water & silt...

His own pontoon is presumably just fine.

You can't deduce the condition of a pontoon by looking at other pontoons. You could, however say that if they were constructed to the same design, at the same time, as others which have failed, then their failure might be predictable. But we simply don't know the details - it may very well be that his pontoon is installed later (I imagine some kind of rolling maintenance done rather than rip out and replace them all at once), or that it was earlier/same time but different construction; or that the others were a failure for a different reason than age-related (rot).

I am prepared to give the OP the benefit of the doubt if he corrects his erroneous assertion that its CRT's responsibility.

Hang on hang on a second here we are first and foremost forgetting 1 thing here regardless of wether the individual has had a personal accident or not.......DUTY OF CARE....... its a commercial run business that has a duty of care to staff and customers. Simple......liability is neither here nor their. If you have reported it and recorded as such in a site diary etc or an official complaints procedure the owness is on the liable party to get it sorted........so instead of attacking the guy for his inacuracys (because lets face it we all make mistakes and beleive things to be right which may not be) we give constructive advice.....

Mine is as follows: approach the marina and submit your concerns either individualy or as a collective and await action. Firstly they must isolate the area and effect repair. Of nothing happens speak as a representative of the collective and tell them you feel you should now report this unsafe situation to the relevant authorities HSE and watch the fireworks fly!!!! You must not get any repromand for raising your concerns as lets face it your more liable for ignorance than you are for persistance!!!!!

3 hours ago, Matt&Jo said:

Hang on hang on a second here we are first and foremost forgetting 1 thing here regardless of wether the individual has had a personal accident or not.......DUTY OF CARE....... its a commercial run business that has a duty of care to staff and customers. Simple......liability is neither here nor their. If you have reported it and recorded as such in a site diary etc or an official complaints procedure the owness is on the liable party to get it sorted........so instead of attacking the guy for his inacuracys (because lets face it we all make mistakes and beleive things to be right which may not be) we give constructive advice.....

Mine is as follows: approach the marina and submit your concerns either individualy or as a collective and await action. Firstly they must isolate the area and effect repair. Of nothing happens speak as a representative of the collective and tell them you feel you should now report this unsafe situation to the relevant authorities HSE and watch the fireworks fly!!!! You must not get any repromand for raising your concerns as lets face it your more liable for ignorance than you are for persistance!!!!!

This from post 20 is why the OP wont take it further 

"...unfortunately, if i "complain" about they facilities i will be asked to leave, the same goes for the other moorers here...i don't want to move, why should i, i've paid all my fees...the location is good for me, just not the DEATH TRAP FACILITIES..."

5 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

This from post 20 is why the OP wont take it further 

"...unfortunately, if i "complain" about they facilities i will be asked to leave, the same goes for the other moorers here...i don't want to move, why should i, i've paid all my fees...the location is good for me, just not the DEATH TRAP FACILITIES..."

We have reached the stage in this thread where it goes around in circles, because people post uninformed comments without having read the thread. Usually because the read is too long.

Then people respond explaining what has been posted earlier, making it even longer.

Then someone else posts explaining that this what happens when a thread gets too long...

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

We have reached the stage in this thread where it goes around in circles, because people post uninformed comments without having read the thread.

Usually because the read is too long. Then people respond explaining what has been posted earlier, making it even longer. Then someone else posts explaining that this what happens when a thread gets too long...

I think you'll find that what actually happened is that, for a while, it was the OP's word (about CRT involvement) against Tree Monkey's. That's why a bit of decent evidence to support the truth helped (which we got in the end).

Over time on a forum you build up trust as you get to know and understand people. Some of us don't have that trust and understanding so naturally rely more on hard facts instead. 

3 minutes ago, rowland al said:

I think you'll find that what actually happened is that, for a while, it was the OP's word (about CRT involvement) against Tree Monkey's. That's why a bit of decent evidence to support the truth helped (which we got in the end).

Over time on a forum you build up trust as you get to know and understand people. Some of us don't have that trust and understanding so naturally rely more on hard facts instead. 

And then the thread drifts off into quibbling about why it is drifting off topic...

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

And then the thread drifts off into quibbling about why it is drifting off topic...

No, I'm not quibbling, I'm just responding to your post. You can quibble if you like and support your assertion. :)

55 minutes ago, rowland al said:

Did I win then? :)

I didn't have any desire to get involved in the thread but as I knew the marina in question I posted my original reply, expecting that those who actually cared would do their own legwork, or at least google stuff. 

Sometimes I can be so naïve :)

9 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Did I win then? :)

I didn't have any desire to get involved in the thread but as I knew the marina in question I posted my original reply, expecting that those who actually cared would do their own legwork, or at least google stuff. 

Sometimes I can be so naïve :)

Yes, you won. :)

11 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Like toilets, not pump out but public :giggles:

learnt an awful amount of info there about use of blue lights and UV pens, most of which I hope to never have the need to know again....

every day a school day!