> > > CRT DEATH TRAP FACILITIES < < <

Featured Posts

On 23/07/2017 at 11:24, Midnight said:

I don't understand why you just don't move and I don't buy into this "moorings are hard to find". You say you have been there a year but in your profile you say in a message (March 29) "...i'm currently moored at Festival Park Marina, tis crap..."

In your post of March 23rd you say "ps. ...we're in the north midlands... " I wouldn't count Chirk as North Midlands more North Wales

I'm confused or is every marina you've stayed in "crap" or "a death trap" ?

I'd say every marina I've ever been in is a death trap. It would be very easy to fall off a pontoon into the water and drown.

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'd say every marina I've ever been in is a death trap. It would be very easy to fall off a pontoon into the water and drown.

One man's death trap is another man's hazard. Get drunk (on propa beer) fall in, drown - it's a death trap!

On 23/07/2017 at 13:07, Midnight said:

One man's death trap is another man's hazard. Get drunk (on propa beer) fall in, drown - it's a death trap!

Exactly. CRT should put fences up all along every water's edge. Simple innit!

• Greenie 1

On 23/07/2017 at 13:18, tree monkey said:

I might just mention again, unless it has changed hands recently,  which it might but a quick google hasn't found any obvious information,  Chirk marina is private and has bugger all to do with CRT

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2012/10/04/chirk-golf-club-closes-after-failure-to-find-a-buyer/

Well I noticed you say it the first time.

You are running into the "I never let the facts get in the way of a good anti-CRT rant" approach some folk here have, I suggest.

3 hours ago, Chewbacka said:

But anyone can get a key for the facilities as BW keys are available on ebay and the shower block is in the centre of Gloucester, so to me makes sense.

Just looked on ebay and keys can be had for £12 for 5 keys, so even some extras for your mates.

Added - To avoid confusion, this is in response to the off topic discussion about blue/purple lighting in Gloucester docks shower block and not about the moorings in another place.

The one with the blue light in Gloucester is not locked, it is open to the public, probably a lot more public than boaters, i would guess that CRT only own it because it is on their property at Gloucester docks and not designed as a boaters facility

• Greenie 1

4 hours ago, rowland al said:

I think you will find CRT do have H&S responsibilities even though they have been subcontracted. They also have a choice who they give the contracts to and the CEO has some responsibility in that decision.

Not a pointless thread at all by the way. It shows how some people still believe CRT are saints despite feeding less and less of the revenue back into the infrastructure. 

The OP has stated that the marina is leased to the company with maintenance included, therefore his complaint should be to them first, preferably is a polite manner, unlike his rant here.

4 hours ago, rowland al said:

I think you will find CRT do have H&S responsibilities even though they have been subcontracted. They also have a choice who they give the contracts to and the CEO has some responsibility in that decision.

I thought (from leases we have held in the past) the Landlord was only responsible for H & S specifically written into the lease.  Has this changed?  Do you know that CRT are named in the lease as having any responsibility?

2 hours ago, Graham Davis said:

The OP has stated that the marina is leased to the company with maintenance included, therefore his complaint should be to them first, preferably is a polite manner, unlike his rant here.

See i dont agree here.......yes he ranted but a polite letter may well get you didly with this marina as they have not given a crap about maintenance or upkeep or care for the safety of staff or those paying for their services which should be safe to use and fit for purpose..........instead according to the OP they just chuck you off.......force the hand by bringing in the big boys i say........hello HSE!

37 minutes ago, Matt&Jo said:

See i dont agree here.......yes he ranted but a polite letter may well get you didly with this marina as they have not given a crap about maintenance or upkeep or care for the safety of staff or those paying for their services which should be safe to use and fit for purpose..........instead according to the OP they just chuck you off.......force the hand by bringing in the big boys i say........hello HSE!

And you have first hand experience of Chirk Marina?

I don't, but I do know that throwing your toys out of the pram in the first instances is not going to get you very far. And remember that all we have is the OP's view of this, and not anyone else in the marina, or the controlling company's view. Plus we don't know if there is any "history" between the OP and the company that has clouded either of their opinion. Somehow I think there might be.

And again, by his own admission it is the marina lease holder who is responsible for maintenance, but OP has incorrectly blamed CaRT.

On 23/07/2017 at 18:18, Graham Davis said:

And you have first hand experience of Chirk Marina?

I don't, but I do know that throwing your toys out of the pram in the first instances is not going to get you very far. And remember that all we have is the OP's view of this, and not anyone else in the marina, or the controlling company's view. Plus we don't know if there is any "history" between the OP and the company that has clouded either of their opinion. Somehow I think there might be.

And again, by his own admission it is the marina lease holder who is responsible for maintenance, but OP has incorrectly blamed CaRT.

I was thinking this too. If the OP approaches the site manager with the same attitude as in his posts, it's no wonder he has been told to lump it or sling his hook. 

Guys i did write according to the OP......if we take his word on this then im saying it does not suprise me he gets told to sling his hook if he is dealing with a company who allows his site to deteriorate or fall into disrepair.

I am not naive and this could be an individual trying to destroy a reputation....... but im sorry if this is a genuine situation it is unsafe and needs to be dealt with as this is peoples welfare at stake which means more than any reputation of a marina in my eyes........

Edited by Matt&Jo
Bloody predictive txt!!!!

On 7/22/2017 at 15:39, one of the hidden said:

CRT - 1st Party

Black Prince - 2nd Party, they run a hire base from here, they are mainly responsible for there half of the facility, but take mooring & electric fees, the manager is paricularly obnoxious, and only has one primary objective which is to make as much money for himself & Black Prince as possible...

Marine Services, Chirk - 3rd Party - responsible for the maintenance of the "private" moorings/pontoons...

...pointless question really CRT are the primary responsible party for the entire facility...

Whoever you pay your mooring fee to is the organisation responsible for the standard of the facilites you use.

• Greenie 1

9 hours ago, Graham Davis said:

I'm sure Mr Parry is relying on that.

Edited by rowland al

7 hours ago, rowland al said:

I am not sure what you mean by this.   As I mentioned earlier my experience of leases and a bit of reading suggests it will be a clear cut situation, any maintenance CRT are responsible for will be written into the lease.

19 hours ago, tree monkey said:

I might just mention again, unless it has changed hands recently,  which it might but a quick google hasn't found any obvious information,  Chirk marina is private and has bugger all to do with CRT

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2012/10/04/chirk-golf-club-closes-after-failure-to-find-a-buyer/

Has everyone on this thread blocked tree monkey or something?  Because he's shown several times that the marina is privately owned, and no-one seems to be taking a blind bit of notice.

• Greenie 2

On 24/07/2017 at 00:32, rowland al said:

I'm sure he is. In just the same way he is 'relying' on you to maintain your boat.

The marina is not owned by CRT, but why let the facts get in the way of a chance to knock Mr Parry and CRT?

59 minutes ago, adam1uk said:

Has everyone on this thread blocked tree monkey or something?  Because he's shown several times that the marina is privately owned, and no-one seems to be taking a blind bit of notice.

So thats 2 who haven't blocked me :)

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Jerra said:

I am not sure what you mean by this.   As I mentioned earlier my experience of leases and a bit of reading suggests it will be a clear cut situation, any maintenance CRT are responsible for will be written into the lease.

I'm pointing out that legally the CEO still has a responsibility with regard to any H&S issues despite hiding behind layers of sub contractors. However in reality if anything actually happened it would harder to bring any claim against them due to the extra complexity. 

It's one of the advantages to using contractors. It's not my fault guv!

On 24/07/2017 at 10:22, rowland al said:

I'm pointing out that legally the CEO still has a responsibility with regard to any H&S issues despite hiding behind layers of sub contractors. However in reality if anything actually happened it would harder to bring any claim against them due to the extra complexity. 

It's one of the advantages to using contractors. It's not my fault guv!

But surely it would be the CEO of this privately owned marina, not Mr Parry, who might be hiding behind your imaginary layers of subcontractors.