> > > CRT DEATH TRAP FACILITIES < < <

Featured Posts

They have a legal duty under the HASAW act for the health and safety of their employees that may need to access the facility as well as members of the public that also use them.  Have there been any incidents or accidents reported to the office?  If a few people report trips and slips as you would expect if the facilities are as bad as you say and they do nothing then a quiet word with the HSE.  It may cause them to visit.......

Oh and if they don't have an accident book, or refuse to record accidents or incidents then that is also a big problem for them with the HSE.

Just because you keep saying in CAPITALS Def Crap Fasillytes doesn't mean you get sympathy from here, it probably means you have an agenda separate from this forum.

If it is CRT then complain. If it is the other BW ML then tell Jeff Whywatt in a registered post letter you will hold him personally responsible for injuries and damage sustained .

Otherwise. ..find out who runs the moorings and report to the H&S exec.

As has now been pointed out the marina in question is leased to Marine Services, Chirk and the OP admits that they are the company responsible for the care and maintenance, therefore this is nothing to do with CaRT or Black Prince Holidays. 

I wonder how many others in the same marina have the same attitude as the OP? I am sure if a combined and POLITE response from them to the lease holder about their concerns would get a much better result that a rude and potentially defamatory rant, as posted here.

16 hours ago, Chewbacka said:

The blue lights are sometimes used in 'private cubicles' to deter drug users from injecting in the cubicles as it is hard to find a vein in blue light.  

Is this serious? It seems fanciful to suggest that CART consider the perils of heavy drug use amongst boaters when designing their facilities!

8 minutes ago, Athy said:

Is this serious? It seems fanciful to suggest that CART consider the perils of heavy drug use amongst boaters when designing their facilities!

Blue lights are used in similar locations for this purpose, just needs a bulb change though hardly serious planning

On 23/07/2017 at 09:18, Athy said:

But it is NOT a CRT facility, according to previous posts in this thread. 

15 hours ago, Chewbacka said:

They have a legal duty under the HASAW act for the health and safety of their employees that may need to access the facility as well as members of the public that also use them.  Have there been any incidents or accidents reported to the office?  If a few people report trips and slips as you would expect if the facilities are as bad as you say and they do nothing then a quiet word with the HSE.  It may cause them to visit.......

Oh and if they don't have an accident book, or refuse to record accidents or incidents then that is also a big problem for them with the HSE.

The above is loosely correct. They would fall foul of section 2/3 potentialy 4 and 36/37 (management) along with 7 for individuals. Report then the HSE. They will place a prohibition notice or prohibtion for repair on them and a time frame to carry out works.

Edited by Matt&Jo

On 23/07/2017 at 09:37, Matt&Jo said:

The above is loosely correct. They would fall foul of section 2/3 potentialy 4 and 36/37 (management) along with 7 for individuals. Report then the HSE. They will place a prohibition notice or prohibtion for repair on them and a time frame to carry out works.

Report who?

CRT or the owners of the mooring in question?

Do CRT have any responsibility for a privately administered mooring site, possibly leased from CRT?

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

But it is NOT a CRT facility, according to previous posts in this thread. 

I'm not sure.I have just looked at CART's moorings web site, and the entry for Gloucester Docks mentions the toilet and shower block as "shared facilities", but it doesn't say with whom they are shared.

Even so, it seems a bizarre thing to do: choosing the lighting not to suit the thousands of people who must use these facilities normally, but to thwart a random junky on the off chance that one might wander in there (how would they get in, anyway)?

On 23/07/2017 at 09:43, Athy said:

I'm not sure.I have just looked at CART's moorings web site, and the entry for Gloucester Docks mentions the toilet and shower block as "shared facilities", but it doesn't say with whom they are shared.

Even so, it seems a bizarre thing to do: choosing the lighting not to suit the thousands of people who must use these facilities normally, but to thwart a random junky on the off chance that one might wander in there (how would they get in, anyway)?

We are at crossed purposes. I was writing about the safety issue raised by the OP.

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

Report who?

CRT or the owners of the mooring in question?

Do CRT have any responsibility for a privately administered mooring site, possibly leased from CRT?

Now that is a good question.....it is down ultimately to the company or person proven to have controlling mind in the knowledge of the damage and that includes individuals should an accident occur (civil action) that will be held responsible. In my mind anyhow........its some years since i passed my H&S neebosh exams byt its how i beleive it to be.

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

We are at crossed purposes. I was writing about the safety issue raised by the OP.

I was referring to a post by Chewbacka, which I quoted.

29 minutes ago, Matt&Jo said:

Its also difficult to cut coke in the blue light so im told........

No.  It makes it harder so see a vein to shoot up.  Just mark the spot with a UV pen before using the facility.

Gloucester docks has (had?) such lighting, and a similar standard of maintenance to the posted 'photos.

18 hours ago, RichM said:

Yes, take a look at this grim CRT shower block located at Gloucester docks. It's mold infested and missing fixtures. It's a health hazard and I actually felt dirtier after the shower than I did before! 

I reported it to the CRT and they subsequently closed it for months and then reopened it without making any changes what so ever.

Also, the lighting really is that colour. It's not a dodgy camera...

IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0115.JPG

Yes, a complete death trap.

16 hours ago, Graham Davis said:

Drop the sudo-legal language and remove the chip from your shoulder.

If the rental part of the marina is leased by Marine Services, Chirk, as you state above, then they and only they are responsible for the condition of the pontoons. The other 2 "parties" are immaterial.

If you are that concerned then get on to the local H & S Inspectorate and get them to deal with it. 

I think you will find CRT do have H&S responsibilities even though they have been subcontracted. They also have a choice who they give the contracts to and the CEO has some responsibility in that decision.

Not a pointless thread at all by the way. It shows how some people still believe CRT are saints despite feeding less and less of the revenue back into the infrastructure. 

53 minutes ago, Matt&Jo said:

Yes they will put a prohibition notice on it which will stop anyone using it until its made safe to their satisfaction. I am not sure where the OP will moor until its made safe but he wont be in mortal danger any more risking life and limb getting on and off his boat.

I am sorry but I cant understand why anyone would use anything that they consider this dangerous  regardless of how much they paid. If you bought a bus ticket and the bus turned up with holes in the floor, the doors hanging off and the seats not fixed with a drunken driver, would you get on to travel from Manchester to London on the motorways. I wouldn't .

1 hour ago, Athy said:

But anyone can get a key for the facilities as BW keys are available on ebay and the shower block is in the centre of Gloucester, so to me makes sense.

Just looked on ebay and keys can be had for £12 for 5 keys, so even some extras for your mates.

Added - To avoid confusion, this is in response to the off topic discussion about blue/purple lighting in Gloucester docks shower block and not about the moorings in another place.

Edited by Chewbacka

16 hours ago, one of the hidden said:

...the pontoons are BEYOND repair...additionally, why should i have to repair something that doesn't belong to me & that i pay fees for to be maintained/replaced, if i or the other moorers complain we will be asked to leave...why should i leave, i've already invested over £2000 in the place by way of mooring fees...

...because if i do, i will be asked to leave, & moorings, like on the rest of the canal system, are very hard to come by...

Well, sometimes you have to actually do stuff for yourself, that's why, because very often nobody else will, even if technically they ought to.  Stamping your foot and saying it's not fair doesn't seem to have got you very far (possibly a dodgy thing to do on your pontoon anyway) - this is the real world we live in, not some fantasy where everything is done for you and everybody does their jobs properly.  They don't, everybody just bodges and runs away. I don't really understand why you paid all this money for something so obviously terrible in the first place.  Presumably it was more or less in this state when you moved there.

Pontoons aren't really ever beyond repair, you just knock in a couple of gas pipes and put boards across.  Where I moor, we have to build and maintain our own - it aint rocket science & it don't cost much.  Staying on something you call a death trap without doing anything about it yourself seems a bit like shooting yourself in the foot and then complaining no-one took the gun off you.

I don't understand why you just don't move and I don't buy into this "moorings are hard to find". You say you have been there a year but in your profile you say in a message (March 29) "...i'm currently moored at Festival Park Marina, tis crap..."

In your post of March 23rd you say "ps. ...we're in the north midlands... " I wouldn't count Chirk as North Midlands more North Wales

I'm confused or is every marina you've stayed in "crap" or "a death trap" ?

Edited by Midnight
  • Greenie 1