New site style - inserting Youtube etc videos

Go to solution Solved by DHutch,

Featured Posts

I am normally fairly good at this sort of thing, but trying to insert a link to a Youtube video, so it appears as a video and not just a link, has stumped me. Thinking it might be an iPad issue I've also tried to do it from my laptop / IE11. Any tips please?

On 20/07/2017 at 10:08, nicknorman said:

I am normally fairly good at this sort of thing, but trying to insert a link to a Youtube video, so it appears as a video and not just a link, has stumped me. Thinking it might be an iPad issue I've also tried to do it from my laptop / IE11. Any tips please?

This used to work for me just by pasting the URL in, copied from the address bar in the youtube tab. But I too noticed the other day this no longer results in the link being displayed as an image. I sort of assumed it was a change by youtube but on reflection, I don't think it can have been.

Test:

Hmmm it converted my link immediately to a picture!!

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

This used to work for me just by pasting the URL in, copied from the address bar in the youtube tab. But I too noticed the other day this no longer results in the link being displayed as an image. I sort of assumed it was a change by youtube but on reflection, I don't think it can have been.

Test:

Hmmm it converted my link immediately to a picture!!

Showing a video on my pc.

1 minute ago, john6767 said:

test

worked for me, Chrome on Windows

Yeabut how did you do it?

One thing I find retrograde on this new site is that one can't look at the underlying BBcode as one used to be able to do. Unless that's something else I failed to understand!?

Strangely it is now working for me too! I pasted the link into my post on the ipad, it appeared as just a link. So I looked for a toolbutton to embed a video, but couldnt find it. They I looked on IE11, couldn't find it. So I've tried posting the link using IE11, it worked! Then I went back to Safari / iPad and tried posting the link - that worked too! <confused.com>

• Solution
10 hours ago, nicknorman said:

One thing I find retrograde on this new site is that one can't look at the underlying BBcode as one used to be able to do. Unless that's something else I failed to understand!?

Yes, a shame for anyone who like me learn bbcode. However posts and the WYSIWYG editor are now html based not bbcode sadly.

It will take basic bbcode commands if you really want, but it's a one way process as it simply converts the commanda to html content.

Daniel