Free standing furniture on a widebeam

Matt&Jo

Featured Posts

On 19/07/2017 at 06:34, Matt&Jo said:

Nice....im not tooooooo bad with woodwork but dont have all the tools to really finish off the woodwork but id give it a go for sure.

Lidl and Aldi currently have pretty much all you need [I think] from saw bench [aldi] to belt sander[lidl] , drills[lidl] and so on.

• 1 month later...
On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 14:20, Robbo said:

Looks to be top notch work you've done there Blackrose.

Q.  You seem to be lacking in downlights, do you find the lights you have in the centre provide enough even light?   Would you do the same again or have the downlights more evenly spread across?

Sorry, I've only just come back to this thread. I have 11 of these sort of 12v 4" dia cabin lights throughout the boat. 8 of them are in the saloon/galley (4 on the walls, 4 on the ceiling. But only one is on in the picture I posted. The table lamps are all mains. There's plenty of light and yes I'd do the same again.

Related image

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 18:27, ditchcrawler said:

I have seen it thinner, I would also pay extra not to have the vents in the doors  but in the bulkheads so that they can be baffled and not have a force 8 through the boat on a windy winters night. 

All 4 of my low level vents are in the doors. It's blowing a gale out there but for some reason on a WB you don't really notice the draught like you do on a NB. 20 years ago on my old NB I will admit I had to block a small door vent on several occasions to stop my feet freezing in bed. I would never even think about doing that now.

43 minutes ago, blackrose said:

Sorry, I've only just come back to this thread. I have 11 of these sort of 12v 4" dia cabin lights throughout the boat. 8 of them are in the saloon/galley (4 on the walls, 4 on the ceiling. But only one is on in the picture I posted. The table lamps are all mains. There's plenty of light and yes I'd do the same again.

Thanks for the update, I eventually went with Hella EuroLED 75's which give a nice warm white.   I found a nice layout for the downlights eventually,  basically they are around 2ft from the sides (9ft ish wide ceiling) and around 4ft from each other in a even layout.  6 in the living area, 4 in the kitchen.    As they are quite bright I'm using a ballast from Dresden Elektronik (FLS-PP lp) to dim and control them (can use the Philips Hue or other Zigbee stuff.).   I've actually wired each one individually to a "patch panel" to control each one individually if required, more wiring but more scope for change.

14 hours ago, blackrose said:

All 4 of my low level vents are in the doors. It's blowing a gale out there but for some reason on a WB you don't really notice the draught like you do on a NB. 20 years ago on my old NB I will admit I had to block a small door vent on several occasions to stop my feet freezing in bed. I would never even think about doing that now.

Must admit I have also done that on a previous boat when there were 2 in the front doors and 2 in the back, even with the fire next to the door it was like sitting there with the door open. Even then I didn't block them all and not the mushrooms. Looking back the ventilation is probably calculated in still air, so when its force fed its probably safe with a lot less area