EA moorings BS

Nige123

Featured Posts

On 14/08/2017 at 21:27, Nige123 said:

20767897_1420830331297817_4166051450151860031_n.jpg.27a24d8cf2a5ed8b20035bffc00c07e5.jpg

This location is  outside of Tesco Reading and is apparently worded wrongly. It should say the same as the other RBC owned locations that mooring is allowed for 24 hours and will cost you  £9.50. All of the locations are private land and owned by RBC. There has been a fee payable and a restriction of 24 hours at all of these locations since at least 1990 to my knowledge.RBC have failed to enforce these fees for all of those years and that has resulted in many boaters taking advantage of the situation and setting up home at them, some for many years.If this move works it can only be a good thing in the long term but I would have preferred the charge to match EA's of the first 24 hours free and £5 per day for the following two days. I don't think that RBC see this as a money making exercise but more about maintaining an amenity  for all.

Keith 

On 19/08/2017 at 14:28, Steilsteven said:

This location is  outside of Tesco Reading and is apparently worded wrongly. It should say the same as the other RBC owned locations that mooring is allowed for 24 hours and will cost you  £9.50. All of the locations are private land and owned by RBC. There has been a fee payable and a restriction of 24 hours at all of these locations since at least 1990 to my knowledge.RBC have failed to enforce these fees for all of those years and that has resulted in many boaters taking advantage of the situation and setting up home at them, some for many years.If this move works it can only be a good thing in the long term but I would have preferred the charge to match EA's of the first 24 hours free and £5 per day for the following two days. I don't think that RBC see this as a money making exercise but more about maintaining an amenity  for all.

Keith 

That would make more sense Keith. I have seen the signs popping up all even down in Henley area at the Rewind festival.

I have had problems with wheel clamping companies in the past & was charged twice at my own premises as "They did not see the permit in my windscreen" & after 4 hours including Police being called I had to pay £175 TWICE.................

I will would recommend removing your index plates & putting them in your windows, as you can just go shopping & take the plates out of the window..... ;O) 

Reading BC seems to have a message for boaters & that message seems to be F*** OFF 

PS

The sings at Rewind say £200 if you stop at this point? so all the signs seem to have a lack of consistency.

I think CRT have it right with 14 days stay then bugger off & that is fair. 

If it were me I would just say "Please don't moor here" But I try to be a nice guy..... 

Edited by Nige123

4 minutes ago, Nige123 said:

I have had problems with wheel clamping companies in the past & was charged twice at my own premises as "They did not see the permit in my windscreen" & after 4 hours including Police being called I had to pay £175 TWICE.................

If it was your own premises then surly it was you who employed the clamping company to keep you premises clear, why didn't you just end the contract? 

Edited by ditchcrawler

3 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

If it was your own premises then surly it was you who employed the clamping company to keep you premises clear, why didn't you just end the contract? 

Whites wheel clamping would sue for loss of "Profit" for the contact time...... 

Before the law change it was wild west cowboys & the shop next to me got them in & I was clamped on my own land. trust me I was going to cut the clamp off & the cops said the would be criminal damage & I would be arrested, They were going to tow my car & I said that would be stealing but the cops didn't want to know. The only reason they could not tow the car was because I sat in it. Health & Safety was my only weapon. after 3 hours the cops said pay up or will will arrest you...... When this happens to your boat I will laugh my ass off.....

4 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

That would spoil the imaginary story tho'.

google Whites wheel clamping. Then you can come back & say sorry if you are a real man.

28 minutes ago, Nige123 said:

google Whites wheel clamping. Then you can come back & say sorry if you are a real man.

I have no problem in apologising when I am wrong - however in this instance I can find no 'similar' story by doing as you suggest - all I came up with on Google is :

Echo tracks clamper Jason White down to a caravan in Sussex (From ...

www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/9645457.Daily_Echo_finds_the__missing__clamp_king/
12 Apr 2012 - The Daily Echo has tracked down the clamping firm boss wanted by financial investigators after leaving his firm in £110000 in debt.

Clamper tells of attack ordeal (From Daily Echo)

www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/2317095.clamper_tells_of_attack_ordeal/
4 Jun 2008 - Wheel-clamper relives horrific beating by gang. ... Jason, 37, who runs Southampton based Whites Car Park Solution, said: "I told the man how ...

Southampton clampers charge £450 to release cars and fine £50 for ...

www.dailyecho.co.uk/.../3955857.Clampers_charge___450_to_release_cars_and_fin...
6 Dec 2008 - Hampshire-based Whites Car Solutions is charging people as much as £450 for ... THE Southampton wheel clamper who threatens to fine rude ...

Wheel clamping sign, black and white Stock Photo, Royalty Free ...

www.alamy.com/stock-photo-wheel-clamping-sign-black-and-white-32109246.html
Download this stock image: Wheel clamping sign, black and white - BT6KJP from Alamy's library of millions of high resolution stock photos, illustrations and ...

9 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I have no problem in apologising when I am wrong - however in this instance I can find no 'similar' story by doing as you suggest - all I came up with on Google is :

Echo tracks clamper Jason White down to a caravan in Sussex (From ...

www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/9645457.Daily_Echo_finds_the__missing__clamp_king/
12 Apr 2012 - The Daily Echo has tracked down the clamping firm boss wanted by financial investigators after leaving his firm in £110000 in debt.

Clamper tells of attack ordeal (From Daily Echo)

www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/2317095.clamper_tells_of_attack_ordeal/
4 Jun 2008 - Wheel-clamper relives horrific beating by gang. ... Jason, 37, who runs Southampton based Whites Car Park Solution, said: "I told the man how ...

Southampton clampers charge £450 to release cars and fine £50 for ...

www.dailyecho.co.uk/.../3955857.Clampers_charge___450_to_release_cars_and_fin...
6 Dec 2008 - Hampshire-based Whites Car Solutions is charging people as much as £450 for ... THE Southampton wheel clamper who threatens to fine rude ...

Wheel clamping sign, black and white Stock Photo, Royalty Free ...

www.alamy.com/stock-photo-wheel-clamping-sign-black-and-white-32109246.html
Download this stock image: Wheel clamping sign, black and white - BT6KJP from Alamy's library of millions of high resolution stock photos, illustrations and ...

Such a shame he got a kicking the little P****. He even had TO55ER number plates on his car. Like I say it's better to be nice to people as you never know what they will do to you!

6 minutes ago, Nige123 said:

Such a shame he got a kicking the little P****. He even had TO55ER number plates on his car. Like I say it's better to be nice to people as you never know what they will do to you!

If you really want me to read the story, maybe you would be kind enough to provide an active link. - We will be leaving the marina shortly and will be out of 'internet range' until tomorrow night - I will have a look for your reply then.

20 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

If you really want me to read the story, maybe you would be kind enough to provide an active link. - We will be leaving the marina shortly and will be out of 'internet range' until tomorrow night - I will have a look for your reply then.

You know what you just put me down as a lair. it will make you feel both better & more important.... 

On 20/08/2017 at 20:44, Nige123 said:

You know what you just put me down as a lair. it will make you feel both better & more important.... 

Nige it is really quite difficult to take you seriously when you make claims you can't back up wth a link.

Telling people to google your claims then ridiculing them when they say there are no results really doesn't cut it.

Please post a link to your story if you want to be believed. 

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Nige it is really quite difficult to take you seriously when you make claims you can't back up wth a link.

Telling people to google your claims then ridiculing them when they say there are no results really doesn't cut it.

Please post a link to your story if you want to be believed. 

Well having read some of the links and seen the tv clip about Whites Car Park solutions,Nigel's account of his own experience is totally believable so why nit pick?

Keith 

On 20/08/2017 at 23:30, Steilsteven said:

Well having read some of the links and seen the tv clip about Whites Car Park solutions,Nigel's account of his own experience is totally believable so why nit pick?

Keith 

Because I don't have the data allowance to go trawling about looking at TV clips. 

Why not just post the frigging link!

• Greenie 1