EA moorings BS

Nige123

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Steilsteven said:

I'm not saying that it applies everywhere but it might. The question is, if the towing path crosses your land is it actually crossing it or is it the boundary? No doubt it would need a search through many Acts of Parliament going back centuries and many Land Deeds over the same period.

Keith

I can't see that happening even it the Thames becomes clogged with liveaboards. The costs would be horrendous. Time will tell!

• 4 weeks later...

Coming to a mooring spot near you soon........

This is what I know would happen, all this "It's the live aboard's fault" divides us & all our boating will be over within 5 years & our boats will be worthless.

1 minute ago, Nige123 said:

Coming to a mooring spot near you soon........

This is what I know would happen, all this "It's the live aboard's fault" divides us & all our boating will be over within 5 years & our boats will be worthless.

Well what do you think the reason is?

Not fixing a problem just letting it get out of hand.....

The thing about a Carrot & stick is you have to go buy a bag of carrots....................................

Not just use a stick.

This is 100% caused by CRT's social cleansing on the canals & the exclusion of canal boats form it's system.

You may not like that fact but it is a fact.

CRT could:

A. fix the problem by investing in long term affordable moorings for boats. (It has our money & enough of it to do so)

B. Take a big stick & try to beat the crap out of people that have little power to fight back.

CRT is like most charities in the UK it's corrupt & takes in money only to fund the wages of it's over paid staff & doing as little as possible to run the very thing it has undertaken to help.

How has this helped anyone with a boat? & if this has not effected you then you are lucky, but watch out it's going to catch up with you soon, as I hear more people talking about parts of the system that "You can be left along on" expect a mooring problem near you soon.................

Boat sales are good in the UK & more people are coming into boating, lots of widebeam boats are being sold every year & people are looking for a simple way of life....

More people are paying on average £1200 a year to CRT & EA to use the waterways & the fact is more boats need more moorings. If not we all loose out & boating will be a pain.

• Angry 1

18 minutes ago, Nige123 said:

20799357_886276648193215_4935331581720303949_n.jpg

The signs are not even consistent.... Some say 24 hours for free then £5 a night for 2 nights then £100 a night. then £9.50 for 24 hours & gone within 24 hours only 3 times in 14 days. and £100 if you stop even if you have a breakdown it would seem? Who TF is DISTRICT ENFORCEMENT & what legal powers do they have????  

1 hour ago, Nige123 said:

This is 100% caused by CRT's social cleansing on the canals & the exclusion of canal boats form it's system.

You may not like that fact but it is a fact.

CRT could:

A. fix the problem by investing in long term affordable moorings for boats. (It has our money & enough of it to do so)

B. Take a big stick & try to beat the crap out of people that have little power to fight back.

CRT is like most charities in the UK it's corrupt & takes in money only to fund the wages of it's over paid staff & doing as little as possible to run the very thing it has undertaken to help.

How has this helped anyone with a boat? & if this has not effected you then you are lucky, but watch out it's going to catch up with you soon, as I hear more people talking about parts of the system that "You can be left along on" expect a mooring problem near you soon.................

Boat sales are good in the UK & more people are coming into boating, lots of widebeam boats are being sold every year & people are looking for a simple way of life....

More people are paying on average £1200 a year to CRT & EA to use the waterways & the fact is more boats need more moorings. If not we all loose out & boating will be a pain.

What does it have to do with CRT?

1 hour ago, john6767 said:

What does it have to do with CRT?

Ok to spell it out CRT should know that boat numbers are increasing & should be working on ways to make more moorings available, especially for live aboard boats as this is going to be the biggest area of growth. instead they have forced the poorer older boats off the CRT canals & onto the Thames over the last couple of years making the problem EA's problem that EA are now using a hammer to crack a nut with.       

42 minutes ago, Nige123 said:

Ok to spell it out CRT should know that boat numbers are increasing & should be working on ways to make more moorings available, especially for live aboard boats as this is going to be the biggest area of growth. instead they have forced the poorer older boats off the CRT canals & onto the Thames over the last couple of years making the problem EA's problem that EA are now using a hammer to crack a nut with.       

But unless stated otherwise, you can moor anywhere on CRT's waterways, so there are literally thousands of miles of bankside moorings.

Apart from requiring a licence, insurance and a BSC,  all of which the Thames require, CRT accept any boat which physically fits on their waterways.

Given the explosion of liveaboards in older boats on CRT'S waterways in the last 10 years, I cannot see how CRT are forcing liveaboard in older boats onto the Thames.

As usual it is a few who will not abide by simple rules,  who force authorities to undertake greater enforcement to prevent problems, which in turn affect all boaters.

Or perhaps you would wish to see the rivers and canals of this country become linear housing estates, for boats that never move, rather than sharing mooring facilities amongst all boaters?

• Greenie 1

55 minutes ago, Nige123 said:

This is on the Thames,  for which the navigation authority is the EA not CRT.  In addition I don't think this is really much about the navigation authority at all, but about the owner of the private river bank exercising their right to control the mooring on their property.  It is a shame you can not stop there anymore to go to Tesco's, but that is the land owners absolute choice to make.

I don't get your point about CRT forcing people off their navigation onto EA waters, there are thousands of miles of towpath mooring on CRT waterways, which is the equivalent to using a river bank for mooring on a casual basis, so not exactly a shortage at all.  If you are talking about permanent moorings, then I would say their is an oversupply of those at them moment, marinas are not full and new ones are being built. 

I don't see how the comment "forced the poorer older boats..." makes any kind of sense in its present context.  The occupiers of said boats must surely have made a considered decision to remain in the area otherwise they would be enjoying 2000+ miles of navigable waterways, surely?  Pressures of work, school etc would have to have been considered prior to becoming a liveaboard not on a residential / long term mooring - wouldn't they?

A hammer to crack a nut the 'penalty' certainly is, but how else could the underlying issue be resolved?

Your compassion for the less fortunate is underwhelming.......

But the signs will make money for someone...

I'm buying some shares in District enforcement like the rest of the CRT top brass.....   

17 minutes ago, Nige123 said:

Your compassion for the less fortunate is underwhelming.......

But the signs will make money for someone...

I'm buying some shares in District enforcement like the rest of the CRT top brass.....   

Could be a good move

On 8/16/2017 at 11:07, Nige123 said:

Below is an outline of CRT's new wheel clamping idea.

http://www.watersidemooring.com/media/Enforcement/FAQs.pdf

You seem to be very good at (continuously) criticising CaRT and others over their mooring policies, but I note you never actually come up with your own workable proposals. Perhaps that is because you can't, and the current system is actually working?

28 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

You seem to be very good at (continuously) criticising CaRT and others over their mooring policies, but I note you never actually come up with your own workable proposals. Perhaps that is because you can't, and the current system is actually working?

Maybe you can't read? How about "MAKING MORE MOORINGS"  Lets take just one CRT run canal/river so you can follow.

The K&A it has many miles of fallen trees & collapsing banks, it has far to few services & in the Reading area it also has many lakes right next to it. Cutting a Chanel & fitting a bridge could make moorings & solve the hole problem.......

At Southcote moorings you could do this with the field next to it (the bank here has leaking into this field for over 15 years now & BW & CRT have done nothing) This field could hold thousands of boats & house many people & aid new boat sales & push up the price of used boats in the area. It would also generate many thousands in revenue for CRT with boat licences & mooring fees. 

This would support local boat services like pump outs, water points, rubbish bins (That CRT want to cut by 40%) cafes, diesel sales, boat painters etc etc etc....

This plan could be used I'm sure throughout the network..........     

In real business when markets open up & take off you try to get ahead & serve the growth but CRT seem to be running from it?

As I type CRT are on the BBC news telling new boaters not to buy boats as they have too many on the system????????  WTF

Tell you what look at France & Holland & get a grip.....

Edited by Nige123
going mad

56 minutes ago, Nige123 said:

Maybe you can't read? How about "MAKING MORE MOORINGS"  Lets take just one CRT run canal/river so you can follow.

The K&A it has many miles of fallen trees & collapsing banks, it has far to few services & in the Reading area it also has many lakes right next to it. Cutting a Chanel & fitting a bridge could make moorings & solve the hole problem.......

At Southcote moorings you could do this with the field next to it (the bank here has leaking into this field for over 15 years now & BW & CRT have done nothing) This field could hold thousands of boats & house many people & aid new boat sales & push up the price of used boats in the area. It would also generate many thousands in revenue for CRT with boat licences & mooring fees. 

This would support local boat services like pump outs, water points, rubbish bins (That CRT want to cut by 40%) cafes, diesel sales, boat painters etc etc etc....

This plan could be used I'm sure throughout the network..........     

In real business when markets open up & take off you try to get ahead & serve the growth but CRT seem to be running from it?

As I type CRT are on the BBC news telling new boaters not to buy boats as they have too many on the system????????  WTF

Tell you what look at France & Holland & get a grip.....

Does CRT own these convenient "ponds" or are they belonging to somebody else?

4 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Does CRT own these convenient "ponds" or are they belonging to somebody else?

CRT has the cash to buy them in any case. it's called investment in your asset........................ next question?

On 20/07/2017 at 23:24, Athy said:

The correct expression, which I use, is "OW Mooch???"

This can be used also when inspecting the goods for sale on the Reduced To Clear shelf of a supermarket, when it should be followed by "They're all 'eart".

'OW MOOCH?!?!?

IMG_20170811_231900.jpg