Volockies

Mac of Cygnet

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, X Alan W said:

Quite possibly,a practice that had been used for years & was a way of saving boaters a few 'bob' & proved over time it worked, was ridiculed along with me for suggesting it. From some one who has never owned a  narrow boat & makes depariging remarks about them  referring to them as "Sewer Tubes" & has possibly done no / or very small amount of boating on narrow canals (Her prerogative )puts forth posts that show lack of knowledge on that particular subject but keeps wading in as you say  Hey Ho Shame car tyres don't still have fabric casings & were cross ply construction they made the best covers & were easiest to work the wire radials are a bit of a booger.

Find your local banger racer!! 

Theres a few where my unit is and they cut the tread away and use the sidewalls to reinforce the tyres on the car...thus not needing the middle tread part of the tyre....means a lot of the hard cutting is done for you. I can get 2 covers from the average car tyre!!