Amazon Prime Day

mross

Featured Posts

Your electronic equipment has been over-enthusiastic, so this thread appeared twice, so I have taken the liberty of hiding the other one.

I got an e-mail about this but I don't know what's happening. As far as I am aware, "Prime" is Amazon's faster delivery service, is that correct? I think I used it once when buying some books, as they were offering a free upgrade on that day.

Prime is a subscription that gives you free next day delivery, free music and lots of crappy films to watch.  If you take the subscription today is a special sale on certain items.  I use Amazon a lot and so the £80 subscription is quite good value for me.

In parts of the UK you can get 'same'day' deliveries but they will be in the evening.  Still I find next day very handy, especially if I need a specific tool or equipment for my boat.  They were flogging ten-year-old Laphroaig for less than £23!  All gone now.

5 hours ago, mross said:

Has anyone found any good bargains on Amazon Prime?  Today is their big sale.

I have signed up to audible books, six months at £2.99/month instead of the normal £7.99/month.

Also bought a fast 64GB SD card at a good price

Tim

5 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

How many unwanted email "suggestions" do you get from them, for stuff you neither need nor want?

I have a prime subscription and do not get any suggestion emails.

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis