Narrowboats on the Thames

Heartland

Featured Posts

10 hours ago, Derek R. said:

Don't know, but the tug seems to be hastening to provide some shelter from the waves. Maybe he's been advised to turn back, or just changing direction.

This one doesn't seem to want to sink either!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUL9UwiA_Cc

I suppose rather like mud hoppers, they are keeping afloat, just, by virtue of watertight compartments fore and aft.

George

It's more fun when you are sailing. This was on the IJsellmeer in 1988 on a two-masted klipper. I can recommend getting a group together and hiring one of the traditional Dutch sailing boats. They come with a crew of two who are usually really pleased when you want to do some hard sailing. The boats take from around ten to twenty passengers depending upon size and number of cabins. In the 1980s it was cheaper than hiring a canal boat in the UK.

IJsellmeer.jpg

On 21/07/2017 at 09:21, Pluto said:

It's more fun when you are sailing. This was on the IJsellmeer in 1988 on a two-masted klipper. I can recommend getting a group together and hiring one of the traditional Dutch sailing boats. They come with a crew of two who are usually really pleased when you want to do some hard sailing. The boats take from around ten to twenty passengers depending upon size and number of cabins. In the 1980s it was cheaper than hiring a canal boat in the UK.

IJsellmeer.jpg

I'd be up for that, done a couple of outings on a Thames sprit sail barge on race days fantastic!

Keith