Water Pump Connection

mark99

Featured Posts

Where can I get the connection from cylinder head to water pump?

See below mine has crumbled away!

Went to change hose and found this mess. Massive bodge got me home.

Ive got the elbow flange that goes on pump - thats fine. It's the one you see in picture that I need.

20170708_172659_zpsfrxwwjhg.jpg

20170708_172649_zpsk6amgxah.jpg

Edited by mark99

15 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I would imagine that nice Mr Redshaw will be familiar with this problem and have a solution. 

Can we see a photo of your massive bodge please? :D

Dont! Lol.

Imagine a hollow metal broomhandle cut to 100mm long. Wrapped in neoprene window seal and wound with a 1/2 roll of ptfe in a taper.

Bashed in with clubhammer to give me a tail to clamp the hose / jubilee clip back on.

Oh and a flange gasket made from a weetabix packet and gasket liquid rubber. That failed so more neoprene was used to make a flange gasket. :)

Nb the bodge was the easy bit. Getting the blooming air locks out of the circuits took hours. Hence the other postings about  skin tanks and thermostats!

Edited by mark99

39 minutes ago, David Mack said:

If iys just a flange and a length of pipe, then I imagine it wouldn't be hard to get one made.

Oh come on Mr Mack let me have a fantasy. There is a supplier out there with loads at silly low price and free pp.

Otherwise yes the fab shop at work will get another pleading git suddenly haunting the shop floor. ;)

Edited by mark99

On 09/07/2017 at 22:15, mark99 said:

Oh come on Mr Mack let me have a fantasy. There is a supplier out there with loads at silly low price and free pp.

Otherwise yes the fab shop at work will get another pleading git suddenly haunting the shop floor. ;)

I'll make you a new one for a bargain £1,800 plus VAT. I'll need the old one as a template.

Payment in advance please. Shall I send you my bank deets?? :D

14 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'll make you a new one for a bargain £1,800 plus VAT. I'll need the old one as a template.

Payment in advance please. Shall I send you my bank deets?? :D

Just found one at £66. Will bear you in mind next time! ;)

17 hours ago, martyn 1 said:

Bit late now but we stock these and the swan neck pipe from the pump to the fitting in the pics above. and significantly cheaper then £66

Martyn,

Thanks. Next time I'll call you guys first. You can see the bodge below. Metal section of broomhandle wrapped in neoprene and ptfe. Bashed in with 'ommer. Got me home. ;)

20170713_150801_resized_zpsq8zzaiun.jpg