Pullman's dinette upholstery

RichM

Featured Posts

We had our seats (base and backs) on the dinette recovered by Wilsons as we wanted to match the fabric on the chairs we purchased from them. As the foam had gone soft in the bases they were replaced at the same time. This cost around £400.

• Greenie 1

We took the current cushions to Wilsons as that was easiest for us otherwise they would have come out to the boat and measured up. I'm not sure I would have wanted to provide the measurements myself especially as our cushions aren't simple rectangles.

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

We took the current cushions to Wilsons as that was easiest for us otherwise they would have come out to the boat and measured up. I'm not sure I would have wanted to provide the measurements myself especially as our cushions aren't simple rectangles.

That makes sense, thanks Rob.

1 hour ago, system 4-50 said:

I had mine done by Whalin's. Cost depends on the fabrics chosen, oooooooge range to choose from.

I visited them and took my measurements to them, taking the opportunity to see and feel all their fabric samples and feel their foam types. I wanted simple shapes so it was easy. What I need now is some simple cheap cushion covers to protect them when I am doing dusty diy in their vicinity. The sales campaign on her indoors has already begun... (to make them)

Not sure where your based but we recently had a full set done for our Pullman by Amtrim in lancashire. Cost is driven by the price of the foam and of course the fabric along with number of cushions required. More cushions more labour more cost. 

Just had a quote for our dinette . Im supplying the fabric . Using the original foam ( its thicker than average) but adding softer fireproof webbing.  £480 .in Nantwich  but Maria will collect and return and we will be on the K and A . Bunny.

Went to Birmingham's Famous Rag Market when we were doing the BCN last month and bought 6mtrs upholstery fabric (which was Next seconds/end of roll) at £4.50 mtr (Next selling it at £80)   Four reels cotton, 50 roll of piping cord......... Job done    Bought some  brand new curtains from  a Charity shop (Dunelm Mill navy blue with  blackout) for £7 to replace the two fitted cushions in for the bow.......  just got to finish them off.....