I'm gonna be sinking soon.

Featured Posts

On 06/08/2017 at 08:17, rusty69 said:

Update

The boat made it the 60 odd miles to the crane without further leakage. We await lifting tomorrow. 

I am tempted to start poking around with a pointy thing and hammer later today(feeling braver directly under the crane). 

Just test the bilge pump first and that the batteries are charged...

P.S. Good luck with the lift.

I predict you'll find the uxter plate is bullet solid and no explanation can be found for the water mark.

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Just test the bilge pump first and that the batteries are charged...

P.S. Good luck with the lift.

I predict you'll find the uxter plate is bullet solid and no explanation can be found for the water mark.

Two pumps, full batteries. 

Thanks. 

I hope your right, but no explanation may be worse than a hole or thin bit of plate! 

On 06/08/2017 at 09:38, rusty69 said:

I hope your right, but no explanation may be worse than a hole or thin bit of plate! 

Actually no, nice solid metal will be better than thin metal as you won't be worrying the rest of the boat has similar spots of unnoticed thin-ness.

Then, if it happens again, you'll know the uxter isn't like tin foil and you CAN bash it about without fear and any worsening of the leak can be addressed without fearing the uxter will crumple and turn into a colander. 

36 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Ah, I see now that this, being structurally sound as revealed by copious hammering that is, is indeed a good thing. I fear, however, that it may not bode well for tiddles! :)

It certainly didn't. Tiddles has suffered a crane ride and is, now deaf due to all the hammering! 

It  was the most expensive tiddles in history, except for that time when Cleopatra peed in the bath and they had to change it for pasteurised! (im sure there's a joke there somewhere) 

Edited by rusty69

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

It  was the most expensive tiddles in history, except for that time when Cleopatra peed in the bath and they had to change it for pasteurised!

No, it only had to come up to her t... oh, never mind...

I take it as well as hitting it with a hammer the surveyor has inspected the area where it was damp for pitting etc. It's not unknown for the plate to have a fault so that there is a random deep pit in otherwise thick metal. Easily fixed with a dab of weld. 

Just now, frangar said:

I take it as well as hitting it with a hammer the surveyor has inspected the area where it was damp for pitting etc. It's not unknown for the plate to have a fault so that there is a random deep pit in otherwise thick metal. Easily fixed with a dab of weld. 

Yes, he had a good look. 

40 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Pesky pissing pixies! 

It's a perplexing puzzle. Perhaps they were peckish. Methinks the peckers need some payback to prevent a repeat performance of Perrier puddles. 

• Haha 1