Lost my keys

hvdb

Featured Posts

I do apologise for for being mistaken , I hope I am never mistaken again and I absolutely beg your forgiveness Mross for being unhelpful, I can assure you it was not intentional.

Thank you Bruce, you are correct it is indeed nhs direct and unless the op has swallowed his keys I don't think he will be needing it.

• Greenie 1

Good news: I've found the keys!!!

They were in the pocket of my dressing gown. Yesterday I checked the pockets twice and was convinced they were empty. This morning the keys were in one of them.

As I never put my keys there, it must have been the cat who has done it, she did have a funny look on her face.

So It all ends well, and we now know how to contact the police. Thank you kind people of this Forum for all your advice. It is nice to know that in times of distress there are people around who will help at short notice. Many thanks!

Helen

1 hour ago, hvdb said:

They were in the pocket of my dressing gown. Yesterday I checked the pockets twice and was convinced they were empty. This morning the keys were in one of them.

As I never put my keys there, it must have been the cat who has done it, she did have a funny look on her face.

So It all ends well, and we now know how to contact the police. Thank you kind people of this Forum for all your advice. It is nice to know that in times of distress there are people around who will help at short notice. Many thanks!

Helen

Glad you found them, you can now enjoy the rest of your cruise.

17 hours ago, mross said:

Try +44 1926 415 000 which is the Warwickshire police number.  101 only works for UK phones.  They will probably be very helpful.  Bridge 34 is near the village of Brinklow (police may not know canal bridges).

By providing this supportive information, you Sir, are a true gentleman.

And welcome to our Dutch visitors!

1 hour ago, hvdb said:

Helen

Gefeliciteerd, blij te lezen dat jullie nu weer rustig zullen kunnen slapen.

Veel vaarplezier,

Peter.

4 hours ago, hvdb said:

Helen

If your in the UK a lot and use the phone it may be worth getting a cheap PAYG phone for calling UK numbers.   Although that may not be worth while now as EU put a stop to high calls?

Note that most/all “smartphones” will convert the emergency number to the local emergency number of the country and will still work even with no sim or reception (it uses other carriers if you have no reception on yours).  So if you dial 911 you will still get the emergency service even tho that is not officially recognised.

Edited by Robbo

1 hour ago, Robbo said:

If your in the UK a lot and use the phone it may be worth getting a cheap PAYG phone for calling UK numbers.   Although that may not be worth while now as EU put a stop to high calls?

Note that most/all “smartphones” will convert the emergency number to the local emergency number of the country and will still work even with no sim or reception (it uses other carriers if you have no reception on yours).  So if you dial 911 you will still get the emergency service even tho that is not officially recognised.

We are in the UK about four months a year, two months in summer, the remaining time spread out in two to three weeks trips over the other seasons. I already had 120 minutes per month to use in the UK, but now the rules have changed, as you correctly stated, and I can use a limitless nummer of minutes in the EU and pay no extra money at all. We do have an UK SIM card for the iPAD.

16 minutes ago, mross said:

112 is the Europe-wide emergency number.  Not to be used for reporting lost keys, however! :)

Most GSM mobile phones have 112, 999 and 911 as pre-programmed emergency numbers that are always available

Thanks for clarifying, I wondered how real emergency numbers can be reached.

Thank you all for the friendly words and good wishes in response to me finding the keys. Peter, (bargemast): dank je wel en jullie ook een goede vaart.

Helen

1 hour ago, Robbo said:

Also will do it while the phone is locked. (Don't ask how I know this!)

8 hours ago, hvdb said:

It wasn't me. I didn't put them in there...

On 07/07/2017 at 14:10, hvdb said:

Thank for these suggestions, think we'll phone, as we have moved on and have no other means of transport than the boat.

The only  identification is the key ring which has the name of our boat owners club on it. No boat name or index nummer. 

We'll keep or fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Helen

Contact the boat club, as if someone has found them and the club details are on them then they may just contact the club to say they are found. We had a club member who lost their purse, the only identification was the club membership card. The police contacted the Commodore and we were able to identify the owner.

On 07/07/2017 at 18:46, mross said:

When you phone the police please put on a good Dutch accent.  We love the Dutch and you will generate warm feelings in the person who answers your call.  Unless it is a call centre in India, where an English accent is better.  (I have always had great service from Indian call centres.)

I do hope you find the keys.

I have always had an English reply calling 101

2 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Contact the boat club, as if someone has found them and the club details are on them then they may just contact the club to say they are found. We had a club member who lost their purse, the only identification was the club membership card. The police contacted the Commodore and we were able to identify the owner.

I have always had an English reply calling 101

Um, Brian... Didn't you see the post where the OP reports finding her keys in her dressing gown pocket, presumably put in there by the cat?

15 minutes ago, BruceinSanity said:

Um, Brian... Didn't you see the post where the OP reports finding her keys in her dressing gown pocket, presumably put in there by the cat?

They are devious little b’s those cats.