2lw Waterpump

mark99

Featured Posts

If its just a bog standard gasket then the most flexible option is to make it yourself. Gasket material, of various types, is available on eBay, there is most likely even a variety pack with various types and thickness's of material. A pencil, Stanley knife and scissors is all that is needed though a set of hole punches makes it much easier to make neat and tidy bolt holes.

I find gasket making quite relaxing, this very moment I am sat at the saloon table (in a rainy Salthouse dock) with a sheet of neoprene and a pair of scissors cutting out pigeon box porthole gaskets.

........Dave

Hi,

I used to (50 odd years ago) tap out gaskets for my motorbike engine, fitted them with some red Hematite, worked a treat, have used the same method for thermostat gaskets on a BMC 1.5, always used empty cornflake packets. Best of luck. 

M

1 hour ago, LEO said:

Hi,

I used to (50 odd years ago) tap out gaskets for my motorbike engine, fitted them with some red Hematite, worked a treat, have used the same method for thermostat gaskets on a BMC 1.5, always used empty cornflake packets. Best of luck. 

M

Reduced sugar/salt version?  ;)