Slipways on Cheshire canals

Mike Cole

Featured Posts

I only have a little 18 foot steamboat but finding slipways to launch is very differcult . Can you please advise me of where there are slipsways suitable to a 18 foot boat in the North West

Mike

• Greenie 1

Slip at Chester canal basin is out of action i suspect due to the construction work going on for the new flats. The accrss to the slip is also the main access to the construction site. If you were hoping to use it, i would check with CRT.

Opposite Cheshire Cat still looks use able however the land to access it has been sold off i think. If your local you could nip over and check it out. Every time i go past there looks to be a few people knocking around but nothing actually going on. 

14 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

There is also a CRT slip at Calverly services, near the end of the long term

moorings

There is but CRT has moored a dead barge there,

Dont try asking CRT if you can use it, I was still in communication with them trying to jump through their hoops for a month after I had used it :)

It is also very shallow, i had to winch the boat off into abut 8 inches of silt, 

But not a nice slipway, and not a nice access road, The one in middlewich is much easier but more expensive, Two marinas on the Llan are cheap and friendly, the one on the Prees branch and the one at Ellesmere

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 16:35, Mike Cole said:

I only have a little 18 foot steamboat but finding slipways to launch is very differcult . Can you please advise me of where there are slipsways suitable to a 18 foot boat in the North West

Mike

Lyme View Marina (Macc) has a slipway. Never seen it used though.

18 hours ago, rasputin said:

But not a nice slipway, and not a nice access road, The one in middlewich is much easier but more expensive, Two marinas on the Llan are cheap and friendly, the one on the Prees branch and the one at Ellesmere

What is the marina at Ellesmere called?

• 6 years later...
On 30/06/2017 at 18:46, junior said:

Park Farm Marina, the new marina between Middlewich and Northwich has a slipway. 

Uplands Marina at Anderton, built by the same person but as of last year now within the ABC Alvechurch empire.