Mooring at Wargrave.

Boat&Bikes

Featured Posts

13 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

Where is Wargrave Lock,did you mean Shiplake?

Yes sorry I always get muddled there, as the lock is closer to Wargrave than to Shiplake.

I had a very nasty experience in Wargrave aged 2, spending a day with a childminder who had a very loud cuckoo clock, while my parents moved house.

Edited by Scholar Gypsy
  • Greenie 1

The only moorings I can think of are above Shiplake Lock and you have to pay the lockkeeper for them. Unless you are talking about the moorings below Henley Sailing Club on the bend, it just depends how busy it is, not forget Henley Regatta is on around this time.

The moorings are approx midway between Marsh lock just above Henley and Shiplake Lock... I was there about a week ago and plenty of room. It is Henley weekend now so it might be busy. As OG says there are moorings in the trees past the main moorings heading downstream which I prefer, but be prepared for a few drunken launches going past!

Marlow was busy, but then suddenly it all went quiet....might have been the rain.