shopping in tamworth?

RichLech

Featured Posts

Coop as said, small Tesco express near Fazeley Jn. If you want mega-shopping there is Ventura, which has Markies, Asda, Sainsburys and most other things you could think of. About a mile walk north of Fazeley Jn, or slightly closer (to Sainsburys) at Bonehill Rd bridge.

There is also a Tesco in Amington near the newish road bridge and a v friendly (the boss says) smallish shop in Handsacre, as well as Michaels chip shop, next to The Crown.  That is one super chippy.

N

Came to this thread late.

In Amington the Tesco Express is by Bridge 66A, and a little further up the road is another small supermarket which includes a post office. There is also a pharmacy, a cake shop and a chip shop.

A plug for Polesworth. All the shops handy, Spar & Coop mini-markets, Lloyd's, pubs, etc. Good moorings at bridges 52 and 54 but avoid the canal between 52 and 54 as moorings are non-existent & shallow, so lousy for access for visitors, except you could get off at 53 and nip down the hill (and straight across the main road to the shops - 200 yards) whilst someone holds the boat on the ropes clear of the bridge.

I'm at bridge 53 but I have got my own EOG deep landing stage.  Wave as you go by!

Atherstone is good for shopping. Good moorings to stop at top lock - 300 yards to town, or moor halfway down opposite the Kings Head to be nearer to the Coop and Aldi

I like stopping at Polesworth, i take a walk over the river bridge to the little shop there and pick up bits, then if the right time of the day, stop for a pint on the way back.

Lovely little place, although if the river Anker didnt come through it then i would think that would be different.

On 22/06/2017 at 18:37, nicknorman said:

Coop as said, small Tesco express near Fazeley Jn. If you want mega-shopping there is Ventura, which has Markies, Asda, Sainsburys and most other things you could think of. About a mile walk north of Fazeley Jn, or slightly closer (to Sainsburys) at Bonehill Rd bridge.

Best mooring for Sainsbury's is at Sutton Road Bridge on the Hopwas side of Tamworth. Walk down past the Audi dealer and find all the big shops you could want, including B&Q and Maplins.

As has been said, Polesworth is good too, there's usually more room on the ones by the rec, near the sign about the Lees and Atkins yard.

2 hours ago, Mal in Somerset said:

There is an excellent curry house above the Bulls Head in Polesworth - The India Garden.

Have you tried it recently? I hope it is still good. We enjoyed a great meal there 6 years ago. We were the very first people to review it on TripAdvisor. (user name Torksey) We had to register its existence, as it wasn't on the TripAdvisor website. Haven't managed to moor near Polesworth since, as was always too busy on recent trips. 

27 minutes ago, MHS said:

Have you tried it recently? I hope it is still good. We enjoyed a great meal there 6 years ago. We were the very first people to review it on TripAdvisor. (user name Torksey) We had to register its existence, as it wasn't on the TripAdvisor website. Haven't managed to moor near Polesworth since, as was always too busy on recent trips. 

I have had take-a-ways from the other one, ratna Bangladeshi Indian 

• 4 weeks later...